Blackjack and Design

What applies to the blackjack anecdote?

• The two hands were a natural occurrence.

• There was a designer that somehow influenced the outcome.

• God did it.

• Some sort of cheese related explanation.....

Results are only viewable after voting.

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I have not seen enough of your position to know what it is. Being a Deist according to crjmurray is not something I know about.

Again, my beliefs have nothing to do with the topics I'm trying to discuss. You're projecting your inability to separate your religious beliefs from reality onto others.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to show that your idea of complex and the complexity that is found in life is not even comparable.

I find many things complex but they are exceedingly simple when compared with the complexity we find in one cell.

You've shown evasiveness and special pleading.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So why do you have design in the OP title?:doh:

I've been wondering that too.

If a pair of Aces demonstrates design because of the chances of they showing up like that, then any two cards should show design, since their chances are the same.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Really? What special pleading? Where have I evaded? I didn't answer one question and asked one of you and I am evading? This is comical.:D

It is special pleading to say that other complex systems can be explained by natural mechanisms but life is just too darn complex so therefore God.

Your posts are the best evidence of your evasiveness so I'll let them stand on their own.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If a pair of Aces demonstrates design because of the chances of they showing up like that, then any two cards should show design, since their chances are the same.

I would think if one puts Design in the mix that God talk will be involved. :doh:

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

This confusion is probably better than any point I could have made. You guys see no design in the example because why would you? But when it comes to biology well of course its all designed! It's just so complex it can't possibly be anything other than some super special design!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is special pleading to say that other complex systems can be explained by natural mechanisms but life is just too darn complex so therefore God.

No it isn't. How is my claim asking for a different standard of evidence or that the evidence be modified or reversed?
Your posts are the best evidence of your evasiveness so I'll let them stand on their own.

Ok, you do that.:)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This confusion is probably better than any point I could have made. You guys see no design in the example because why would you? But when it comes to biology well of course its all designed! It's just so complex it can't possibly be anything other than some super special design!

The "design" in blackjack are on the cards and the instructions to the game, and have nothing to do with how the cards fall.

Both the printing on the cards and the written instructions come from an intelligent source.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "design" in blackjack are on the cards and the instructions to the game, and have nothing to do with how the cards fall.

Both the printing on the cards and the written instructions come from an intelligent source.

Very good point.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

If two cards get married, do they have card offspring that are slightly different copies of their parent cards?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.