Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At first, I mistakenly thought that this movement was limited to what its name implies. We all agree that lives matter, of whatever color. However, I recently had occasion to learn the basic principles of this organization straight from the horse's mouth, in their own words, and a good deal of it is opposed to our Tradition: to mothers being mothers (it's "patriarchal" to say that a mother should mother her own children if she is also working "for social justice", homosexuality, changing your sex and rejecting your God-given ontology is good, committed to the disruption of the traditional family.
It goes far beyond affirming the value of life, and directly adopts, in a non-Christian context, the ideas of the so-called "Far Left", university radicals aiming at tearing down Western civilization, period.

I wouldn't post this here, if I did not have good reason to think that some of us might be going that way. It is unwise in the extreme to associate ourselves with a movement that will tear down our churches and persecute us in a heartbeat.

Doubts? See for yourself.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I want to stick to what they themselves say, rather than what is said about them. I'm not trying to start a political "Left-Right tug of war". There are all kinds of propaganda around. But what they themselves declare is pretty damnable, in the theological sense of the word.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While it great to say Black Lives Matter, what get lost in the shuffle is All lives matter. Yeah the actual Organization is just another Social Justice, Cultural Marxist, Libertine group masgarding under "protecting black folks", really disgusting seeing the politicians bow down to the anarchy, lawlessness, and rioting of this group, they also claim solidarity with the "gay rights" movement, which makes them anti-Christian off the bat.

Last edited:
Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,491.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would just note that there is the phrase/hashtag and then there is an organization that has taken that phrase - the support for the first is much larger than the second.
Agreed.
But if you use the logo and colors of the organization, then you are communicating, whether you mean to or not, that you identify with and support the organization.
Lives matter, all of them, and that's what I think an Orthodox Christian ought to affirm. But using the logo of a godless and ultimately anti-Orthodox and anti-Christian organization is really not a good idea.
In any event, it's clear that a lot of people don't realize what the BLM organization really stands for.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a LOT of problems with BLM. First of all I feel that the black community needs to clean up its own mess. We have to get past the Civil War and Reconstruction era and all the "back of the bus" stuff. Nobody in the white community is forcing black men to abandon their women and leave them single mothers. Nobody is forcing anyone to gang-bang, sell drugs, and approach cops with firearms or hands in pockets. Nobody is forcing their community to do anything.

Asians like Filipinos come to America with nothing. Middle Easterners come to America leaving behind a lifetime of being surrounded by violence and succeed. They get an education, focus, and endure plenty of prejudice and stereotyping. They come from third world hovels, but they're able to dig deep and succeed. Right now, black America has more resources to succeed than they've ever had---student loans that are often just grants, major scholarships, preferential hiring, affirmative action, etc.

Black Lives Matter bothers me first of all because it's race-based. Like "La Raza" and other race-based organizations, it becomes clannish (no pun intended) and insular from day one because of what it is predicated on--race. Secondly, BLM has a massive amount of people advocating in rallies for cop-killing and violence. They shout down anyone who disagrees with them, and their marches are dangerous. Here in CA they've been downright scary.

They're very secular, and I think the problem that exists within this joke of a group is they have no religious core. The Civil Rights movement in the 1960's had MLK in the center of the action. He was a stabilizing, conservative, Christian, pacifist who did things the right way. He was very calculated and guarded in his speeches, and he inspired white Americans to do better in race relations.

For a while there the Million Man March was a bit encouraging to me because I saw black men taking ownership of their problems--crime, abandonment of women, having children out of wedlock, drug abuse, being dead-beats. That group of black men who fit that sad profile seemed keen on changing. And the black men who DO stay with their women and work hard were encouraging them. But that movement didn't last long.

When a group is tied to abortion, gay rights, single-parenting obsessions, and secular humanism, it's a recipe for manure soup. BLM is an excuse-mongering, whining, violent, loud group of dangerous wingnuts.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a LOT of problems with BLM. First of all I feel that the black community needs to clean up its own mess. We have to get past the Civil War and Reconstruction era and all the "back of the bus" stuff. Nobody in the white community is forcing black men to abandon their women and leave them single mothers. Nobody is forcing anyone to gang-bang, sell drugs, and approach cops with firearms or hands in pockets. Nobody is forcing their community to do anything.

Asians like Filipinos come to America with nothing. Middle Easterners come to America leaving behind a lifetime of being surrounded by violence and succeed. They get an education, focus, and endure plenty of prejudice and stereotyping. They come from third world hovels, but they're able to dig deep and succeed. Right now, black America has more resources to succeed than they've ever had---student loans that are often just grants, major scholarships, preferential hiring, affirmative action, etc.

Black Lives Matter bothers me first of all because it's race-based. Like "La Raza" and other race-based organizations, it becomes clannish (no pun intended) and insular from day one because of what it is predicated on--race. Secondly, BLM has a massive amount of people advocating in rallies for cop-killing and violence. They shout down anyone who disagrees with them, and their marches are dangerous. Here in CA they've been downright scary.

They're very secular, and I think the problem that exists within this joke of a group is they have no religious core. The Civil Rights movement in the 1960's had MLK in the center of the action. He was a stabilizing, conservative, Christian, pacifist who did things the right way. He was very calculated and guarded in his speeches, and he inspired white Americans to do better in race relations.

For a while there the Million Man March was a bit encouraging to me because I saw black men taking ownership of their problems--crime, abandonment of women, having children out of wedlock, drug abuse, being dead-beats. That group of black men who fit that sad profile seemed keen on changing. And the black men who DO stay with their women and work hard were encouraging them. But that movement didn't last long.

When a group is tied to abortion, gay rights, single-parenting obsessions, and secular humanism, it's a recipe for manure soup. BLM is an excuse-mongering, whining, violent, loud group of dangerous wingnuts.

Exactly the black Community needs to clean up it own act, it gets tiresome to hear they are "victims of injustice". A lot of Middle Eastern Christians left everything behind, faced prejudice, and back home they have faced actually persecution, yet I don't hear the victimology that persistent in some Black Communties. Native Americans faced actual Genocide, and their native land stolen from them, Yet I don't hear the whole "it the white man fault" from them either. Asians left behind everything but they still worked hard, raise families, and take personal responsibility for their actions, despite the stereotyping, and discrimination they faced coming to America. Like you said Black people have student loans, Government subsidies, public housing, etc. yet still there the "victim" card, it sad too because a lot of older Black folks are God fearing, pistol packing, Church going, Hard working folks that view Homosexuality as the sin it is. It just the Progressives scared them during election, after election onto the welfare plantation.

BLM are nothing but thugs, they threaten to kill Cops, demand racial reparations, riot, and loot in their own neighborhoods, which hurts business, and safety in their own communities. They use violence at "rallies" to intimidate oppents. They offer Black people nothing but trouble, victimology, food stamps, and hooliganism, often at the behest of the limo riding, gated community old racist white Liberals who rile them up, of course just for their votes, yet don't dare live with them, they rather just sterilize the black folks. Muslim Brotherhood linked CAIR supports BLM, so that a red flag to anyone with a brain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟116,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
rus: you of course realize that I will never pay any attention to anything you say? The movement is much larger than the one small organization which has latched onto it, and, sure, we may have disagreements with that organization. This is quite different from objecting to BLM as a whole.

jay and gurney: Turn off the Fox News. It is true that all lives matter, which is why in a society which acts as if black lives don't, it's important to remind people that black lives matter and to bear witness to the ways in which our society is failing them. Reform is impossible if we keep our heads in the sand and fail to listen to the people telling us the ways in which we are failing. Your diagnoses have a number of empirical problems.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
rus: you of course realize that I will never pay any attention to anything you say? The movement is much larger than the one small organization which has latched onto it, and, sure, we may have disagreements with that organization. This is quite different from objecting to BLM as a whole.

jay and gurney: Turn off the Fox News. It is true that all lives matter, which is why in a society which acts as if black lives don't, it's important to remind people that black lives matter and to bear witness to the ways in which our society is failing them. Reform is impossible if we keep our heads in the sand and fail to listen to the people telling us the ways in which we are failing. Your diagnoses have a number of empirical problems.

If Black lives truly matter then they will begin by cleaning up their own neighborhoods first. And while they are at it, they out to put out the message to quit killing unborn black children. And on and on and on. And when a black thug with a gun gets shot and killed by police, maybe they would consider not burning down their own neighborhoods? Maybe?

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't watch Fox, it run by globalist Free Trade, Nation building, Open borders neoconservatives. Why don't you stop drinking the Kool-aid from MediaMatters, Move on.org, DemocracyNow,ThinkProgress, Salon, AlterNet, DailyKos, PMSNBC, NYTimes, and other Leftwing media & rags. Your party is the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, Racial segregation of the military, Dixiecrats, Strong Thrumen, the eugenics of Planned Parenthood, aborting black babies, yet your kind always yells "peace, diversity & tolerance" at the rest of us from your gated communities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,283.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fox News is understood as synecdoche for the whole of the media where he is getting his off-base impressions.
That is news to me (pun intended).

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
from what I have seen on all media stations, this stuff is just a way for someone like Al Sharpton to be convinced of his own relevance.

but again, that's just what I have seen in my admittedly limited view. maybe if headlines caught them protesting the millions of black babies that are aborted every day, I might take them more seriously.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.