✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Article said:
DALLAS, TX. (KSLA) - The stepson of megachurch pastor T.D. Jakes has been arrested on an indecent exposure charge.

Dallas police say Jermaine Jakes is accused of exposing himself to two undercover vice detectives last month.Detectives were conducting an investigation of complaints of sexual activity at the park.

According to an arrest affidavit, the younger Jakes showed himself to the detectives in a public park near the church.

Jakes was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond after he turned himself in Thursday, pending an at-large case filing for indecent exposure.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9835227

The stepson of a rabidly homophobic pastor arrested in a gay sex sting?

Haven't seen this kind of irony since the Ted Haggard mess.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the big deal about this guy getting arrested in a sting.At least he's wasn't molesting kids.Either way just because he the step son of a preacher doesn't mean he's perfect and never will make a mistake.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't see the big deal about this guy getting arrested in a sting.At least he's wasn't molesting kids.Either way just because he the step son of a preacher doesn't mean he's perfect and never will make a mistake.

The issue isn't falling short of perfection. The issue isn't making a mistake. The issue is that this guy is gay and is trying to pick up strange guys in the park. The issue is that if this preacher wants to fight the gay, his fight starts at home. Let him convince his stepson that he needn't be gay - firstly - then and only then should he go after the millions of others who are gay.

The more anti-gay bigots fight the gay, the more the gay comes after them and lands in their laps. Newt Gingrinch. Alan Keys. Dick Cheney. That Republican congressman who was hitting on male interns. Ted Haggard. Etc.

There may even be gay at YOUR house. Ya never know.

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live about 10 miles from Jakes' church, and I'd hardly consider him rabidly homophobic. I would consider him rabidly rich however.

The article mentions nothing about gay sex, from where did you draw this conclusion? Or is this made up?

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The article mentions nothing about gay sex, from where did you draw this conclusion? Or is this made up?

That's what I'm wondering. On top of which, the charge is indecent exposure, nothing like soliciting for gay sex. You guys are drawing some pretty broad conclusions, with no evidience to support it. Just because the guy's father doesn't support homosexuality and is very vocal about it, doesn't mean that he's somehow messed up because of it.

I really can't stand people who assume that parents who are very conservative in their ways, are somehow messing up their children's minds due to the "indoctrination" they are getting.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So we should harass his son because his dad is a homophobe? The kid is probably so demented and messed up because he's had to deal with the fact that his dad hates who he is...the stepson is to be pitied...

You're reading quite a bit into things. For all we know the step dad is fine with the step son.

All we know is the kid got busted for indecent exposure. He hasn't even been convicted of anything yet.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Jermaine Donnell Jakes, 29, faces a charge of indecent exposure after allegedly exposing himself in front of two undercover vice detectives shortly after 10 p.m. on Jan. 3. Senior Cpl. Janice Crowther, a DPD spokeswoman, confirmed Thursday, Feb. 12 that the detectives were both male.

The detectives followed Jakes into a wooded area, where he approached them with his penis exposed through his unzipped pants, the affidavit states. Jakes masturbated for several seconds while making eye contact with one of the detectives.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2009/feb/13/son-dallas-pastor-td-jakes-arrested-indecent-expos/

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, either the son has the gay or is an exhibitionist - most likely a gay exhibitionist. In any case, I doubt his being raised in a right wing conservative household had anything to do with his sexual predilections. There are millions of gays in the world who grow up in all sorts of cultural milieus and various types of parental situations. I think there may be something else going on with the gay besides sheer free will or environmental influences. I think there may be a genetic component.

In any case, the city park is not the place to whip it out. I think perhaps the son should take a vacation each year either to a nudist camp or gay pride week in Disneyworld. Maybe something like that would solve the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jermaine Donnell Jakes, 29, faces a charge of indecent exposure after allegedly exposing himself in front of two undercover vice detectives shortly after 10 p.m. on Jan. 3. Senior Cpl. Janice Crowther, a DPD spokeswoman, confirmed Thursday, Feb. 12 that the detectives were both male.

The detectives followed Jakes into a wooded area, where he approached them with his penis exposed through his unzipped pants, the affidavit states. Jakes masturbated for several seconds while making eye contact with one of the detectives.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2009/feb/13/son-dallas-pastor-td-jakes-arrested-indecent-expos/

Indecent exposure charges can be brought up by taking a leak by a tree. It appears you like to post a lot of gay sex exposes' about evangelicals. I wonder if you like doing that because even this is a far line to draw.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
...As much as churches and families try to indoctrinate their children into religion, one's true nature and character eventually shines through...

So, then, an atheist can theoretically wind up in heaven, provided he or she has the requisite true nature and character? Well, now, that IS good news for modern man - perhaps I have not been wasting my time by NOT belonging to or attending any church. :D

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Indecent exposure charges can be brought up by taking a leak by a tree.

He approached the two male detectives and began to touch in front of them. That's a little more than 'taking a leak'. :thumbsup:

It's not like these detectives were on a stroll in the park and this nut came up to them by mere chance. They were in that specific location because they were conducting a sting (just like with Larry Craig). The detectives were in that particular spot because they were looking to arrest offenders who were engaging in inappropriate sexual conduct which kept getting reported.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

Still doesn't mean he's gay. If he had whipped it out in front of two women, would we still be singing the same tune and you guys be happy because you supposedly showed a connection between conservative Christianity and homophobia?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The issue isn't falling short of perfection. The issue isn't making a mistake. The issue is that this guy is gay and is trying to pick up strange guys in the park. The issue is that if this preacher wants to fight the gay, his fight starts at home. Let him convince his stepson that he needn't be gay - firstly - then and only then should he go after the millions of others who are gay.
There may even be gay at YOUR house. Ya never know.
So your saying that if your son is a drug attick,You cant try to teach people to stay away from that kind of life and why.So I still don't see why they would even drag other people into what this guy does in his personal life.

Upvote 0

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So your saying that if your son is a drug attick,You cant try to teach people to stay away from that kind of life and why.So I still don't see why they would even drag other people into what this guy does in his personal life.

I reject the premise that your analogy between the gay and drug addiction is proper.

E.g., if you were to head up an activist group called "Moms Against Drug Addiction", I could see the rationality of that. OTOH, if you were president of an organization called "Moms Against The Gay", I and many other people would sort of wonder what might be going on inside your head, exactly - and rightfully so.

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I reject the premise that your analogy between the gay and drug addiction is proper.

E.g., if you were to head up an activist group called "Moms Against Drug Addiction", I could see the rationality of that. OTOH, if you were president of an organization called "Moms Against The Gay", I and many other people would sort of wonder what might be going on inside your head, exactly - and rightfully so.

:D
It's proper because he believe gay people will go to hell,Why wouldn't he want to provent that.At least he cares enough for his cause to try to save these people,Where I don't.

Upvote 0