1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birthday Of Jesus Christ - 9/11/3 B.C. ?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by dmiller, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmiller

dmiller FiddlePicker

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I found this on THIS SITE.

I always did think that Our Lord, and Saviour Jesus Christ, was born on a different day than December 25th. Perhaps this article is not 100% accurate, but it is certainly food for thought! And perhaps this is in the wrong forum, but talking about the end, also necessitates talking of the beginning. :)

2. Amalthea

Amalthea New Member

Faith:
    Protestant
    This has been known for decades that Christ wasn't born around the usual date given. In fact I thought 7 BC is a more common year than 3 BC.

The September 11th thing sounds contrived in the extreme. I always heard early in the Spring was likely.

3. Rafael

Rafael Only time enough for love

Faith:
    Christian
    There will be a new book coming out fairly soon by a Harvard professor, Floyd Jones, who has worked out an impressive study with computers and dates given in the Bible to triangulate the birth of Jesus to a time in October and a few years off, as Amalthea has suggested. For many years, the dating of scripture has been based on Sir Robert Andersons calculations. The Hebrew calender and the Julian have to be taken into account and the new moons which the Hebrew calender is based upon. It was all very interesting and I saw it on a TV program done by the Creation Evidence Organization.

4. armothe

armothe Living in HIS kingdom...

Faith:
    Christian
    I believe this date is close, but rather on the 9th. The 9th of AV is a significant date in Jewish history.

-A

5. Amalthea

Amalthea New Member

Faith:
    Protestant
    Just a point. But Herod died in 4 BC. That puts Jesus' birth at least as early as 6 BC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.