Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will do. An Aztec Thrush was reported last week in Madera Canyon. I wasn't able to get down to see it. There's also a pair of Tufted Flycatchers breeding again this year in Ramsey Canyon further south.

Probably the rarest bird I've found all by myself would be a Gray Catbird in my backyard.
I've never seen a gray catbird! They're supposed to be common where I live, yet I never see them. Just mockingbirds...thousands! :doh:

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've never seen a gray catbird! They're supposed to be common where I live, yet I never see them. Just mockingbirds...thousands! :doh:

They like to stay tucked into the underbrush. I saw quite of few when I visited my old birding haunts in Montana, which is odd because I don't ever remember seeing them growing up. Here's a picture I took of one.

1076974_10201686833042541_1200208559_o.jpg

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They like to stay tucked into the underbrush. I saw quite of few when I visited my old birding haunts in Montana, which is odd because I don't ever remember seeing them growing up. Here's a picture I took of one.

1076974_10201686833042541_1200208559_o.jpg
I thought you lived in the Uk, especially when you mentioned birds I haven't heard of (I'm in the southeast US). Regardless, you seem to run into birds that I can't find.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought you lived in the Uk, especially when you mentioned birds I haven't heard of (I'm in the southeast US). Regardless, you seem to run into birds that I can't find.

I live in southeastern Arizona. It's a birding hotspot. Here's one of our local specialties.
035.JPG

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Grey Catbirds are summer residents here...Lily saw her first yesterday. She also saw a Brown Thrasher last week and a Purple Finch. So she got to check off the last of local finches and Mimids. She loves the Northern Mockingbird.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@Colin will be very interested in knowing that this bird is called an American Goldfinch. It was God's farewell gift to me as I was leaving Tualatin River NWR.

364.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I'm totally loving the pictures on this site. I am an amateur bird enthusiast.(only having taken up the hobby recently).My area of the country has so many varieties of beautiful birds(and birdsong, which I appreciate being a singer). I wonder if their "songs" are actually praise of their Creator?

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe when you were a kid at camp the older kids might have handed you a flashlight and a burlap sack and invited you to go 'snipe hunting'. Don't fall for it. You don't hunt snipes at night with flashlights and burlap sacks.

Here's a Wilson's Snipe if anyone is interested in seeing a real snipe. I took this shot last month at Goose Lake SP in Oregon.

218.JPG

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm totally loving the pictures on this site. I am an amateur bird enthusiast.(only having taken up the hobby recently).My area of the country has so many varieties of beautiful birds(and birdsong, which I appreciate being a singer). I wonder if their "songs" are actually praise of their Creator?

Thanks. It's challenging getting good bird pics but when I do I'm pretty happy with myself.

Are you keeping a life list? If so, what are you up to?

I sometimes wonder if birds are messengers from God. There's a reason artist's have always painted angels with wings.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lily got to see Cranes in flight over grandmas yesterday while we were cooking smores.

Attalily! :oldthumbsup:

I remember the grandparents being a good place to get new birds for the life list. The most memorable probably being a Painted Bunting.

Reactions: Davidnic
Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. It's challenging getting good bird pics but when I do I'm pretty happy with myself.

Are you keeping a life list? If so, what are you up to?

I sometimes wonder if birds are messengers from God. There's a reason artist's have always painted angels with wings.

I'm still in the stage where I am just in awe" of how many beautiful varieties of birds God has blessed us with. I see a lot of mourning doves and blue jays in my neighborhood-Blue herons, geese, ducks and eagles on the outskirts of town. When I figure out how my camera works(LOL)I'll start posting some pics. In the meantime, I'll have to enjoy yours.Thank you for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0