1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Bipolar and hypersexuality

Discussion in 'Struggles with Sexuality' started by steve221, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve221

steve221 Guest

Does anyone have problems being hypersexual while manic? I have this problem to the extreme and would like to know how others deal with it. When I am manic I can sometimes masturbate 20-30 times a day. I just dont know what to do.
    Thanks

Jeshu likes this.
  2. Alaskamomma

Alaskamomma Guest

I would seek the advice of your doctor and maybe join Sex Addicts Anonymous on ways to help you cope with the urge. Wish I had more to say, but I don't. Prayers being sent up though.

3. searchingforpeace

searchingforpeace New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    First I would talk to your doc(s). I see you are married, talk to your spouse. Does your spouse realize how hypersexual you become or do you hide it? Talk to your spouse about how to deal with it, between you two. Sexual relationships between a married couple is what the Lord intended...so it is a good thing :) Communication is very key.

4. jennidawn

jennidawn New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
    I agree with the previous posts about consulting your physician about this because as I'm sure you know hypersexuality is a textbook symptom as is impulse control and there are several new meds that can help without having the pendulum swing completely the other direction. And just so you know that you aren't the only one...I've been there. Sending you blessings.

5. cyberlizard

cyberlizard the electric lizard returns

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Messianic
    it is not uncommon for persons with mania to experience episodes of sexual disinhibition. see it all the time on the acute psych ward on which I work.

Advise you speak to an healthcare professional in your area. Look at modern drugs, in the UK treatment is tending towards olanzapine (though it does make you more peckish so you eat more). Lithium is often used but makes people drink lots so they baloon up and can be dangerous in toxicity.

but do not feel guilty - bipolar disorder is a chemical problem and short of God healing you it needs chemically treating.

Steve

6. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

7. Divinah

Divinah Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
    I'm sure your aware that Medicine and Pshyco/Physio treatment are mandatory, with constant focus on the LORD.

I've known cases of this and I asked the man in the relationship..."do you really feel like you are helping her when you engage with the woman or do you not have a sense that your taking advantage/violating her"

He said, "no, it really does help her".

So, i think there is something to the release of chemicals in the brain in the process that is somehow appeasing to the person who suffers.

I wonder how Dr.s would respond to that simple, basic reasoning...Do they have specific drugs for that Particular kind of Manic Behavior? I wonder, do they recommend working out to release some of the endorphins and adrenalin and such ( as with recovering drug addicts)...I wonder, do any of you use this as a method of comfort. (working ut)

The woman who said she mastrubates so many 10s of times a day at times...do you try alternatives...I would think something of the physical nature...start running or something.

8. Person7022

Person7022 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Don't you take medication??? If your doctor started you on a cycle of lithium or other stabilizing drug of the like, it would cut down on your episodes of mania; therefore, your hyper sexuality. I would talk to your doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.