May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know...the bead does stay ion your system (tilit's..er..exited) it's the glue stuff you spray on them that turns into GHB or whatever. Plus you have to eat a significant amount (though for a 3yo, that may not be much)

I read a news article that said...maybe it's a new way to import drugs?

What was with that 11/12 year old girl theys howed on the news, who swallowed the beads anyway? I mean...she seems a little old to be eating toys! :p

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for this. Another instance where my instincts were right.

I wanted to get some of these for my son, they looked like a fun toy to do on weekends etc. (when 2 yo is asleep of course)

However something inside me said "no" and also I thought they were overpriced. One of the kids at ds school has them and she brings them in to school all the time.

I guess they would be something that I would do with ds as a "together" activity. I don't think he would eat them but I know dd would eat them. So generally things like this are done in his room, or when she is asleep.

It is so scary to think of this.

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Kids have a few Bindeez toys laying around the house. Presents etc.... We have had no problems at all with them. Oddly you spray water on the balls to make them stick together. Will be heading down to the shops to get a refund or Maybe ebay could earn me a few extra $$$ (Thats a Joke)

Upvote 0