1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Big contradictions in the evolution theory

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Carico, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Crazy Liz

Crazy Liz New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I know this is thread necromancy, but I went looking for the original. When I found it I just had to quote it.

2. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Was it worth it :D

3. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Agnostic
    Silly question; of course it's worth it!

Crazy Liz likes this.
  4. Vene

Vene In memory of ChordatesLegacy

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Atheist
    You would say that.
    At the least, it shows that if anybody is proof of Poe's Law, it's Carico.

5. Crazy Liz

Crazy Liz New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    LOL!

6. Seamus Riley

Seamus Riley Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Seeker
    im only two pages into reading this thread and may take a while to finish it. i'm sure by then i'll have lots to comment on or respond to, but i wanted to start now with this question: do i HAVE to be an a-hole to be a proponent of evolution? i'm very interested in evolution theory, but it appears that every response so far to the original poster's question has been met with venomous ridicule and claims that the questioner couldn't possibly have the intelligence to understand the replies that are still, i suppose begrudgingly given. now, i want to be sure on this because if i become a defender of evolution i don't want to do it the wrong way: is it absolutely important that i step on people with their very innocent questions? thanks in advance for what will certainly prove to be interesting responses and i'll get back to reading the rest of the thread.

7. Seamus Riley

Seamus Riley Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Seeker
    k, it appears as if the original poster may've had a history of trolling i was unaware of and has certainly proved in this thread to be a defender of willful ignorance. i still see little defense for how the subject matter was approached by nearly every participant and stand by my previous post. anyway, seems to've become a dead topic so i'll just opine that joshdanger's comments were among the best overall and ghost had a really good one. some of the message board warriors would do well to learn that you cannot teach by insult and that a raised hand is not always meant to have a nail driven through it.

8. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

Faith:
    Atheist
    And there are those who cannot be taught, because they refuse to learn.

Carico was one of the worst and most obnoxious trolls I ever met, and her ways could have made a saint angry.

I found my post from back then, and I still stand to it today, six years later:

"Her main argument, used again and again, is that Evolution is stupid and only propagated by evil Atheists who want to deny God. If she had to admit that there were Christians who agree with the Theory of Evolution, she would either have to accuse you of not being a Christian (which would get her banned again) or admit that her main point is false.

I have never seen Carico to admit being wrong... so all she has left is to ignore any post that would refute her points, answer her questions or go against her convictions.

Of course, constantly having the meaningful refutations of her posts ignored galls the other posters, and so a rather large amount of sarcasm and mocking is always part of Carico´s threads. It seems to be inevitable - and of course these posts are the ones that Carico hooks onto: "Oh, all you have is attacks and slander - that proves you are wrong!" Which again infuriates the posters who can point to their well-written posts that do NOT contain attacks and slander.

So what is left? I have lost any hope to have a meaningful debate with Carico. I have tried to ignore her before, but my believe in the good in humanity has turned me around. I´ll try again.

... If you don´t change your ways, and understand what communication means, you don´t deserve being answered."

Don´t try to judge an old, long and ugly story from a few scraps of text, Seamus.

9. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Buddhist
    We dont recall ever seeing a creationist accept that they were wrong, or that they even could be wrong, on any point related to their belief about evolution / creation.

i have a theory, so far unfalsified, that they are actually incapable of doing so.

10. Delphiki

Delphiki New Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Wow! A double necro!

11. theFijian

theFijian Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    Well I guess I would be evidence that you are wrong, and just head over to the TE section in Origins theology and there are plenty more.

12. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Atheist
    And neither one was av!

13. Blackwater Babe

Blackwater Babe New Member

Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Hey, who necro'd the thread? I thought Carico was back!

14. Hespera

Hespera Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Buddhist
    now that this electrified corpse of a thread has lurched back to "life" perhaps a creationist would like to take advantage and tell us about a contradiction in the ToE?

We tell them about the ones in the bible, fair is fair.

15. LOL @ the idea of creationists understanding the ToE let alone being able to post contradictions :D

16. Delphiki

Delphiki New Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    I think this needs to be pointed out. I'm willing to bet that a majority of non-creationists here still either have read or are reading the bible and understand it's context -- probably understand it better than some of the Christian creationists here. I mean, we're even posting on christianforums.com, for crying out loud. Whereas, when trying to even explain the ToE, or referring them to textbooks or papers, we're met with stubborn denial and pride in ignorance.

We understand them and where they are coming from (in some cases, we even used to be just like them), when they won't even try because they think their handbook tells them to, despite there being many Christians non-creationists in the world that are aware of the evidence and understand the ToE.

It shows who among us truly have open minds and are willing to learn.

17. pgp_protector

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Wow it wasn't AV?
    [​IMG]
    See I don't just post Necromancy Images for you :kiss:

18. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 What a long,strange trip it's been! CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Seamus Riley brought it back...[​IMG]

19. CaliforniaSun

CaliforniaSun New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Atheist
    Nah, you don't need to be an a hole, but it helps. ;)

20. pgp_protector

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    I'm so saving that([​IMG]) smiley for my site :D :D :D