Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in same-gender sex acts?

Reactions: marksman315

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in same-gender sex acts?

Exactly what kind of passages would pass muster with you if they were presented? To give us the guidelines for the sort of passages you are asking for, will you answer the question turned back?

A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in any sex acts -- same-gender or cross-gender?

This is not the first time someone has asked your question or its equivalent on this forum. They seem to forget that the bible considers loving, proper sex within a marriage to be a private, personal affair, and that almost all discussion about sex in the Bible is about sexual sins. No one has been willing to answer the question when it turned back at them.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A simple question:

You really ARE hung up on this issue, Polycarp_fan. Why not go and visit someone in prison/hospital and therefore spend your Christian time doing something worthwhile ...?

Here is a simple question for you, however, since you evidently like playing this game.

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in computer-linked Christian discussion forums?

If the truth be known, both your question and my question should result in a similar response. That is, who really cares besides you?

Reactions: gwdboi
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ooh, I'm beginning to like this game. Here's another:

The question is simple. Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to have discarded the 7th-day Sabbath given by God at Creation and to have initiated in its stead another man-made 'holy' day?

The answer, as the previous poster said, is "There are none."

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Is there anything in the teachings of Jesus that promotes or justifies prejudice or discrimination?

Actually there is since your definition of prejudice and discrimination is highly suspect.

Mark 7:20-23(NIV) said:
20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

I can go on to where he speaks of throwing the unrepentant into hell which is surely prejudice and discrimination against the wicked.

Your best point would be that Jesus did urge his servants to suffer the presence of those that do evil in the hope they will repent.

Mind you Jesus like His Father in heaven does not show prejudice or discrimination on non-ethical basis like race or wealth. May you come to know God's grace through Jesus His Son. :angel:

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Actually there is since your definition of prejudice and discrimination is highly suspect.
So you are claiming to have read my mind and know my definition of prejudice and discrimination

I can go on to where he speaks of throwing the unrepentant into hell which is surely prejudice and discrimination against the wicked.

Your best point would be that Jesus did urge his servants to suffer the presence of those that do evil in the hope they will repent.
Do you think other minorities are “evil” or just gays and lesbians? (which is yoru implication here)

Mind you Jesus like His Father in heaven does not show prejudice or discrimination on non-ethical basis like race or wealth. May you come to know God's grace through Jesus His Son. :angel:
You just contradicted your own post.

Can you tell me why you don’t think I have a personal relationship with God?

Upvote 0

darkshadow

Aug 20, 2008
Here
✟15,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is there anything in the teachings of Jesus that promotes or justifies prejudice or discrimination?

No, Jesus taught love, that is not to say some will not go to hell. The blood of Christ is for all. We tend to forget that song we learned as kids in sunday school..."Jesus loves the little children all the children of the world, red, yellow, black and white...." That includes gay, straight, believers, non-believers, his, and heathens. God is a great God and a just God. He created us, and therefor has the right to judge us. The scriptures do however, say that those who do not believe will be thrown in the lake of fire, that is not descrimitive though, because all still have a choice. God does not desciminate he lets us all choose with the same standards, and on the same playing field.

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
BigbadWlf said:
So you are claiming to have read my mind and know my definition of prejudice and discrimination

No, I am just going by context and relationship to the original post. If you meant something different then you should consider being a bit more clear.

BigbadWlf said:
Do you think other minorities are “evil” or just gays and lesbians? (which is yoru implication here)

I suppose I should not make fun of your political correctness even though I am highly tempted. I actually consider anyone who is tempted by evil as being evil which includes Jesus. It is only through faith in God that one can truly do good. I wish to point out that the wicked are those who fail to love righteousness and so God with all their heart, mind, and soul. As you see I myself am a religious minority.

BigbadWlf said:
You just contradicted your own post.

I did not as I put a condition which is “non-ethical”. Homosexuality is an ethical issue.

BigbadWlf said:
Can you tell me why you don’t think I have a personal relationship with God?

Your words tell me that you do not. That could be a temporary slip on your part or just a lack of maturity in knowledge of Him. That may be deceiving as I certainly have one or both failures at times and am still working to get to know Him better. Fighting against the wisdom of this world is tough.
:puff:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly what kind of passages would pass muster with you if they were presented? To give us the guidelines for the sort of passages you are asking for, will you answer the question turned back?

A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in
any sex acts -- same-gender or cross-gender?

Genesis the first chapter God to Adam and Eve. Paul to the Corinthains in his first letter.

This is not the first time someone has asked your question or its equivalent on this forum. They seem to forget that the bible considers loving, proper sex within a marriage to be a private, personal affair, and that almost all discussion about sex in the Bible is about sexual sins. No one has been willing to answer the question when it turned back at them.

Private and personal? It is HIGHLIGHTED many, many, many times as a very public declaration. And never ever a same-gender affair. EVER. Public or private.

Start another thread for your perspective to be weighed. I notice that KCKID did just that on his views.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Genesis the first chapter God to Adam and Eve.

As I said, I was hoping for guidelines of what you mean by passages "supporting ... sex acts." Something to use as a comparison for any passages someone wishing to take you up on your challenge might wish to post. Citing an entire chapter, most of which does not include any humans at all makes it hard to see what about the passage promotes any "sex acts."

The problem is, I see no "sex acts" in Genesis 1. Assuming you are refering to Genesis 1:28, God saying "Be fruitful" is not "supporting sex acts," it is using a discrete euphemism. If a discrete euphemism is allowed to "support" sex, then some people see similar euphemisms in 1 Samuel 16:22 (Saul and David) and 1 Samuel 20:41 (Jonathan and David).

I do not myself present these as equivalent to Genesis 1:28, because I do not know the specific idiomatic usage of the Hebrew that is claimed, but if someone else were to promote them, then you would have to accept or reject them on the basis of that idiom, not because it does not come right out and describe sex.

Paul to the Corinthains in his first letter.

Not just a whole chapter this time, but a whole book. Again it is difficult to determine to what, exactly you are referring, so that we may post something similar. And again, I can find no "sex acts" being "supported."

The most sex in the letter is happening between the man and his step-mother (1 Corinthians 5). This is an example of sexual sin, not supported sex -- and even here, it is just the statement that fornication is happening -- no "sex acts" are spoken of.

However I am assuming that you might be referring to 1 Corinthians 7:7-9. In this passage Paul recommends celibacy, but offers marriage as a solution to those who burn and cannot remain celibate. Again, direct mention of sex is avoided. The only reason that we know that the Passion that those who burn feel is sexual passion is because celibacy, the recommended alternative is defined by the lack of sex.

If this is, indeed, the passage you intended to point us toward, then I present this same passage 1 Corinthians 7:7-9, combined with 1 Corinthians 10:13. God, through Paul, promises a way out of all temptation. He also says that it takes a gift from God to live a celibate life for the sake of the Gospel, provides the way out of the "temptation" of burning with sexual Passion for all who do not have that gift.

Private and personal? It is HIGHLIGHTED many, many, many times as a very public declaration. And never ever a same-gender affair. EVER. Public or private.

Funny, the only place I can find where "sex acts" are a "very public declaration" is 2 Samuel 16:22, where Absalom pitched A tent on the roof of David's house so that the entire city could see that he had sex with David's concubines. This is hardly "loving, proper sex within a marriage," which is what I claimed the Bible always treats as private.

Yes, it is true that because we know that people are sexual creatures, and because we know that, with only one known exception, conception is the result of sex, we know that almost all -- and possibly all without exception -- of the married couples introduced in the Bible have had sex. But the Bible does not describe their "sex acts" unless, like Onan (Genesis 38) their sin is in the act.

Start another thread for your perspective to be weighed. I notice that KCKID did just that on his views.

I did not present a "perspective to be weighed" in my previous post. I simply asked for guidelines so that if we choose to answer your challenge, our efforts will be judged fairly.

I do find it interesting that in your question to us, you specified that you were asking for examples of "sex acts," but when I turned the question around, your answers were vague and none of them referred directly to "sex acts."

Unless, of course I picked out the wrong verses because you chose to cite whole chapters and books without comment or explanation.

EDITED TO ADD: I do thank you for your response, though. You are the only one of those on whom I turned the question back who even attempted to answer it and provide something as a fair basis for judjing any responses to the challenge..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I said, I was hoping for guidelines of what you mean by passages "supporting ... sex acts." Something to use as a comparison for any passages someone wishing to take you up on your challenge might wish to post. Citing an entire chapter, most of which does not include any humans at all makes it hard to see what about the passage promotes any "sex acts."

I used the whole, as a point, that no where is there any support for same-gender sex. No support for anything the likes of which gays and their legions of supporters try to implement into scripture. And as we see below, you knew what I was referring to.

The problem is, I see no "sex acts" in Genesis 1. Assuming you are refering to Genesis 1:28, God saying "Be fruitful" is not "supporting sex acts,"

It is literally supporting sex acts. Many times over in fact. Jesus referred BACK to this, as he defined marriage as a man and a woman. And, immutably so. Adultery (eh hem) is a sex act.

t is using a discrete euphemism. If a discrete euphemism is allowed to "support" sex, then some people see similar euphemisms in 1 Samuel 16:22 (Saul and David) and 1 Samuel 20:41 (Jonathan and David).

There is nothing gay or vague in the love between David and Jonathan. The context of the entire relationship between the two drives away the notion that these two had sex with each other. I have shown this as fact. And I am certainly not alone on what David and Jonathan were.

I do not myself present these as equivalent to Genesis 1:28, because I do not know the specific idiomatic usage of the Hebrew that is claimed, but if someone else were to promote them, then you would have to accept or reject them on the basis of that idiom, not because it does not come right out and describe sex.

Multiplying indicates sex acts and only male to female sex. There is no idiomatic way around that.

Not just a whole chapter this time, but a whole book. Again it is difficult to determine to what, exactly you are referring, so that we may post something similar. And again, I can find no "sex acts" being "supported."

I am showing that there is no gay way of homosexualizing anything in the Bible. I have shown no fear of posting individual words or passages to prove that.

The most sex in the letter is happening between the man and his step-mother (1 Corinthians 5).

And is that not also quite "tolerated" and even supported by some people in today's world, as it was back then? That passage shows how far reaching the Apostolic testimony reaches. All the way to 2008 and beyond.

This is an example of sexual sin, not supported sex -- and even here, it is just the statement that fornication is happening -- no "sex acts" are spoken of.

Are you sure?

fornication
Noun

voluntary sexual intercourse outside marriage

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006

fornication - voluntary sexual intercourse between persons not married to each other extramarital sex, free love - sexual intercourse between individuals who are not married to one another
2.fornication - extramarital sex that willfully and maliciously interferes with marriage relations; "adultery is often cited as grounds for divorce" adultery, criminal conversation
extramarital sex, free love - sexual intercourse between individuals who are not married to one another[/quote]

"Marriage," to Christians, is a man and a woman. And, to Jesus and His Father too.

However I am assuming that you might be referring to 1 Corinthians 7:7-9. In this passage Paul recommends celibacy, but offers marriage as a solution to those who burn and cannot remain celibate. Again, direct mention of sex is avoided.

HUH? Uhhhh, I, I, I, umm uh?????? It is literally mentioning sex. Talk about idiomatic, how about plain and direct.

The only reason that we know that the Passion that those who burn feel is sexual passion is because celibacy, the recommended alternative is defined by the lack of sex.

Whew! You had me bewildered by your tact there for a moment.

If this is, indeed, the passage you intended to point us toward, then I present this same passage 1 Corinthians 7:7-9, combined with 1 Corinthians 10:13. God, through Paul, promises a way out of all temptation.

Yeah, "marriage." There is ONLY one kind of marriage in the New Testament this side of heaven.

He also says that it takes a gift from God to live a celibate life for the sake of the Gospel, provides the way out of the "temptation" of burning with sexual Passion for all who do not have that gift.

MARRIAGE! Marriage is between a man and a woman, no matter what euphemism or idiom you want to employ.

Funny, the only place I can find where "sex acts" are a "very public declaration" is 2 Samuel 16:22, where Absalom pitched A tent on the roof of David's house so that the entire city could see that he had sex with David's concubines.

"Pitched a tent?" Metaphor?

Are you forgetting the concubine in Judges?

No matter the grammar, there is no same-gender sex acts promoted or supported in the Bible.

This is hardly "loving, proper sex within a marriage," which is what I claimed the Bible always treats as private.

Indeed. Absalom was making a political statement and using sex acts to do it. He would be cheered on now as he was then, by the same kinds of people. Like one of his brothers would later write: "There is nothing new under the sun. And graphically so indeed.

]quote]Yes, it is true that because we know that people are sexual creatures, and because we know that, with only one known exception, conception is the result of sex, we know that almost all -- and possibly all without exception -- of the married couples introduced in the Bible have had sex.[/quote]

And? And that EVERY married couple were a man and a woman. And in some cases a man and several women. But never even once, same genders.

But the Bible does not describe their "sex acts" unless, like Onan (Genesis 38) their sin is in the act.

Let's leave poor Tamar out of this. But, unforunately, it does bring us to another place of sex for sex's sake. Tamar's father in law Jude, just wanted to boff, and was tricked by this woman into thinking she was a prostitute. Oh, and the sisters (metaphor, or maybe not) having X-rated sex in Ezekiel.

I did not present a "perspective to be weighed" in my previous post. I simply asked for guidelines so that if we choose to answer your challenge, our efforts will be judged fairly.

I always judge challenges fairly.

I do find it interesting that in your question to us, you specified that you were asking for examples of "sex acts," but when I turned the question around, your answers were vague and none of them referred directly to "sex acts."

I have no idea how to respond to that, seeing as you are completely ignoring the sex acts as the basis of the proper behavior being preached on in the NT.

Unless, of course I picked out the wrong verses because you chose to cite whole chapters and books without comment or explanation.

I'd be more than happy (as I have shown many times already) to post scripture examples.

EDITED TO ADD: I do thank you for your response, though. You are the only one of those on whom I turned the question back who even attempted to answer it and provide something as a fair basis for judjing any responses to the challenge..

You're welcome and thank you. I'm a heck of a nice guy, as you seem to be, and I have complete confidence in the works of the Apostles and the Hebrew Prophets, for the basis of my positions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK then, by your guidelines, any passage where sex can be implied, no matter how discretely it is phrased (including simply implying that a couple are attracted to one another) "supports" "sex acts" unless the passage clearly states that the sex acts it mentions are sin. Like I said. I was looking for some way that any attempt to meet your challenge could be judged fairly. This is the criteria you use to prove that loving sex within a cross-sex marriage is "supported."

So once again I present 1 Corinthians 7:7-9, in conjunction with 1 Corinthians 10:13.

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
1 Corinthians 7:7-9

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13
In 1 Corinthians 10:13, we are promised that there is always a way of escape from any temptation.

In 1 Corinthians 1:7 Paul says he wishes that all men could be as he is, but God grants different gifts to different people. "Therefore" [the same thought continuing] if a person who is unmarried or no longer married can do it (if God has given the gift for it), it is better to remain celibate. But if they don't have this gift, they should marry, rather than burn with sexual passion and the temptation to inappropriate sex.

There are only two options given: celibacy if you have the gift for it and marriage if you don't. Now consider a gay person who does not have the gift for celibacy. Where is his way of escape if you do not recognize same-sex marriage? He is not attracted to women, and has no temptation for inappropriate sex with them. Marrying a woman will not provide an escape from the temptation for inappropriate sex with men.

So, if marriage is only, as you have defined it, between cross-sex couples, neither of the only two alternatives provides the way of escape promised in 1 Corinthians 10:13. But nowhere in this passage does Paul define who it is better to marry. Nowhere in the entire Bible does it state that marriage can only be cross-sex. God does not go back on His promises. If He says that there will always be a way of escape, then one of the two alternatives mentioned by Paul provides that way.

I always judge challenges fairly.

I apologize. I did not mean to imply that you would be unfair. But most people who issue this challenge are so certain that it can't be answered, that they don't think to establish the guidelines upon which any attempt to answer it can be judged fairly before issuing the challenge.

My posts were more in the way of establishing the ground rules rather than accusing your honesty. I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression and am sorry for any discomfort that impression may have caused.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK then, by your guidelines, any passage where sex can be implied, no matter how discretely it is phrased (including simply implying that a couple are attracted to one another) "supports" "sex acts" unless the passage clearly states that the sex acts it mentions are sin.

The ONLY sex acts promoted in scripture are between a man and a woman.

Like I said. I was looking for some way that any attempt to meet your challenge could be judged fairly. This is the criteria you use to prove that loving sex within a cross-sex marriage is "supported."

It is the criteria of every writer of biblical writ that deals with sex. The same-gender sex acts are loudly condemned.

So once again I present 1 Corinthians 7:7-9, in conjunction with 1 Corinthians 10:13.
For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
1 Corinthians 7:7-9

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13
In 1 Corinthians 10:13, we are promised that there is always a way of escape from any temptation.

Marriage. To the Apostolic way of thinking. And to the Appostles, who learned what they did from Jesus and the Hebrew scriptures, marriage is man and woman.

In 1 Corinthians 1:7 Paul says he wishes that all men could be as he is, but God grants different gifts to different people. "Therefore" [the same thought continuing] if a person who is unmarried or no longer married can do it (if God has given the gift for it), it is better to remain celibate.

Paul is writing about people in the Church. What "Christians" should do. Paul's thoughts on what pagans and unbelievers do sexually left nothing to the imagination, or liberal politics to alter.

But if they don't have this gift, they should marry, rather than burn with sexual passion and the temptation to inappropriate sex.

Appropriate sex is in a marriage. And marriage "in the Bible" is man and woman. I'd tatoo this on your computer screen if I could.

There are only two options given: celibacy if you have the gift for it and marriage if you don't.

That would be accurate. And repentance and forgiveness for sins and sinning otherwise.

Now consider a gay person who does not have the gift for celibacy.

Why would I do that?

Where is his way of escape if you do not recognize same-sex marriage?

I recognize same-sex marriage. I have been to Massachusetts. It has nothing at all to do with Christian life, as the gay activists in Massachusetts prove beyond the shadow of a doubt. As Peter tells us: "submit to the authorities." Progressives are going to force their ways on people only to a point. Same thing as thr Romans did to Peter in his day. Nothing has changed just because we have cell phones and laptops.

He is not attracted to women, and has no temptation for inappropriate sex with them.

You do realize that Paul knew guys like this don't you?

Marrying a woman will not provide an escape from the temptation for inappropriate sex with men.

Marrying "a" woman, or many women, will not stop temptation for inappropriate sex. Reference King David, and his great great grandfather Judah and of course. And we have no idea that Judah ever repented of having sex (inappropriate sex) with his sneaky daughter-in-law. We also do not know if Judah married Tamar either. From Tamar to Christ Jesus. You do know that I hope.

So, if marriage is only, as you have defined it,

Excuse me! "I" have not defined it, Christ Jesus did.

So, if marriage is only, as you have defined itbetween cross-sex couples, neither of the only two alternatives provides the way of escape promised in 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Paul seems to disagree with your premise. You've seem to skip over 1 Corinthians 6:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you.

But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

But nowhere in this passage does Paul define who it is better to marry.

This is where liberal theology departs from honesty. If you think you are going to promote gay sex and gay marriage "in the Church," by using that line of reasoning, you are not going to enjoy the results. Schism and schism only. Which of course if the fruit of gay theology.

Nowhere in the entire Bible does it state that marriage can only be cross-sex.

That's absurd on the face of your statement. No where does it say you can't marry a pack mule either. And, as we have seen, a donkey was given the voice of a man. So . . . following your "anything goes" ideology and, indeed "theology," marrying animals is completely in line with your moral questioning.

God does not go back on His promises. If He says that there will always be a way of escape, then one of the two alternatives mentioned by Paul provides that way.

Paul was not silent at all on his opposition to same-gender relationships. You can continue this circuling reasoning from nothingness to gay marriage all you want to, but all your are doing is putting paganism into the Church, which as we have seen many times has been done. Ever "celebrated" Christmas or Easter? Lot's of disgusting things have entered the Church and beeb "tolerated." Christians are a very peaceful and tolerant lot. Why pull the weeds when you don't have to. Just putt around them.

Gay marriage is a done deal, as is Satan looking to destroy the Church. Like a roraing lion as it were looking for people to devour. There is nothing holy in gay marriage. Schism is the fruit of gay activism anywhere it goes. It divides good people from bad. Just as Jesus taught.

I apologize. I did not mean to imply that you would be unfair. But most people who issue this challenge are so certain that it can't be answered, that they don't think to establish the guidelines upon which any attempt to answer it can be judged fairly before issuing the challenge.

Gay marriage is a pagan situation. Marriage, as referenced by Jesus, as being implemented by God the Father, is man and woman. I am not looking for an apology, but I am contending against your apologia, with that of Christ Jesus and the Apostles. I'm siding with them against your views.

My posts were more in the way of establishing the ground rules rather than accusing your honesty. I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression and am sorry for any discomfort that impression may have caused.

I never feel discomfort from anti's, non's, progressives and liberals. I just challenge their neo-pagan, pro-humanist agenda being forced onto and into the Church. How could that be discomforting me? It is literally what we are supposed to do as Christians love for one another.

I am confident in the apologia of the Apostles and the witness of the Gospels. Nothing more and nothing less.

It is time for a new gay denomination on the lines of LDS and Watchtower organizations. That will give you (and them) what you want.

Tolerance is a Christian concept. But does mean approval or acceptance. Even our youth and the emergent Church movement is showing that. God, will call his people to holiness. And I am humbled by what I see in our next generation of Christian leaders. They are tolerating gays and lesbians with a beauty I respect. And I'm sure, that is why gay activists want entrance into the authentic Church. BUT, from what we have seen to date of gay culture, gay sex, gay activism and gay politics, they demand that "tolerance" be outlawed and replaced by complete affirmation. Affirmation of gay culture will never happen IN the Church. Ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tolerance is a Christian concept. But does mean approval or acceptance. Even our youth and the emergent Church movement is showing that. God, will call his people to holiness. And I am humbled by what I see in our next generation of Christian leaders. They are tolerating gays and lesbians with a beauty I respect. And I'm sure, that is why gay activists want entrance into the authentic Church. BUT, from what we have seen to date of gay culture, gay sex, gay activism and gay politics, they demand that "tolerance" be outlawed and replaced by complete affirmation. Affirmation of gay culture will never happen IN the Church. Ever.

The following has occurred many times, Polycarp_fan, so I'll ask a question of you. Children that have been raised within a Christian environment have also 'come out' later in life as 'gays'. You know that as well as I do.

Question: how would YOU handle the situation if the above applied to one of your own children?

Upvote 0

marksman315

Finally in the Fight
Jul 27, 2008
United States
Visit site
✟15,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sick of all the skirting around the issue of answering the OP and distractions from it.

The question was plain and simple and the answer should be plain and simple.

Provide the Biblical support for gay sex. Show us any verse that does not require interpretation, and a verse that can't be bent or twisted like some political speech. Remember the context of the surrounding verses and who the text was written to are important as well. I challenge you to prove it to us.

Plain and simple. Put up or shut up.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A simple question:

Polycarp, you and I and everybody else in here know that no such Scripture exists. Every piece of Scripture about homosexual acts is negative or discourages the behavior.

The pro-homosexual fornication crowd as tried to explain God's prohibition away as an "interpretive" issue. But my mama told me a long time ago that when you've got to try so hard and manipulate so much to make GOD's Word not be the truth, it's because you already know that His Word IS the truth.

So don't expect too many takers.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

God's Word promotes prejudice and discrimination toward sin from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22:21. His Word promotes an unending prejudice towards that which is against Him. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

A simple question:

Where is/are the passages, scriptures, or statements, in the Bible, from either the Old Testament (or rather, the Tanakh, if you like) or from the New Testament, that promotes, supports or encourages "anyone," to engage in any sex acts -- same-gender or cross-gender?

Gosh. Where to start. There's so many that it would be crazy to try and list them all. Let's try this, where in God's Word does He ever example anything other than sexual relations between a husband and wife as being non-sinful?

Now in order for someone to even ask the question that you ask, I gotta think that there's some trust on your part that God's Word is His Word. So that only takes us back to what Polycarp asked in the OP. Where's the Biblical support for these homosexual acts?

Based on what He tells us in His Word, God is well aware that men would be led and consumed by their flesh, and that sexual sin would be perhaps the biggest pitfall of all. So He addressed a lot of the stuff specifically. He told us what is right: sex between a husband and a wife and that everything else is wrong.

SO exactly what does sex being a private, personal affair have to do with homo acts of sex being sin?:confused:

Upvote 0