Biblical Lightning and Fire from Heaven

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luke 10:18 And He said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

While Jesus walked on earth He "beheld Satan" fall...past tense. So, was Satan kicked out of heaven by Michael before the crucifixion as written in Revelation? Or is something else being said?
Revelation 12:7-9 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I always saw that as future, when he was cast down for his great tribulation at the 6th vial, 6th trump and 6th seal...666, but how can that be as Jesus said He "beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." I believe the solution to this is how he fell...."as lightning." He himself is still in heaven, he and his angels...waiting for the war and the 6th trumpet but his spirit fell at the 5th trumpet.....
Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
The "star" that fell is an angel, as explained in [Rev.1:20]. Satan's spirit is freely operating among his followers....as the Holy Spirit is leading the children of God, the evil spirit is leading it's children. At the sixth trump Satan, de facto, will be here...not just his spirit but the man! And then....
Revelation 13:13-14 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Fire, as used in the above verse, can be translated as....lightning! Satan, the second beast mentioned in the above chapter, will make lightning come down from heaven in the sight of men and the first beast, the wounded beast. What is lightning?

Ezekiel 1:13-14 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and His raiment white as snow:

Matthew 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
So we see what is meant by lightning and fire....spiritual beings/angels. Are we ready for that event? There is the calling of his, Satan's angels, and then....the lightning of God. This also applies to the fire of Elijah.....

11 Kings 1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty. (12) And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.
Fire, as used there is....
#784 Fire ~ esh; a prim. word: fire - burning, fiery fire, flaming, hot. #786 ish, ident. (in or, and formation) with 784; entity, used only adv. there is or are. are there, none can.
The same fiery entities, lightning like angelic beings, that are with us if we are "men of God," one of the elect...a man child (young man.)
11 Kings 6:15-17 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, "Alas, my master! how shall we do?" And he answered, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see." And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man: and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Last edited:

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In Luke 10......The text means that Jesus watch as Satan was travelling in a flash, or at the speed of lightning.
He himself is still in heaven, he and his angels...waiting for the war and the 6th trumpet but his spirit fell at the 5th trumpet.....
Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
The "star" that fell is an angel, as explained in [Rev.1:20]. Satan's spirit is freely operating among his followers....as the Holy Spirit is leading the children of God, the evil spirit is leading it's children. At the sixth trump Satan, de facto, will be here...not just his spirit but the man! And then....
I'd agree that not much details are given about Satan, but text prove that He was cast down and He is being held in chains....You read it.....2Pe 2:4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

If I were you I'd edit this thread to say something that agrees with the scripture, or brace yourself for debate and arguments against your presentation.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Luke 10......The text means that Jesus watch as Satan was travelling in a flash, or at the speed of lightning.

Is that written? And, when did He see that event...which is the point I was making. He "beheld" him fall.

I'd agree that not much details are given about Satan, but text prove that He was cast down and He is being held in chains....You read it.....2Pe 2:4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The angels, from the time of Noah, are those being held in chains "of darkness." And, Satan IS Darkness, he is the chains holding them. But, he is not in chains...nor will he be until the Advent of Christ. Then he will be bound for a thousand years.

If I were you I'd edit this thread to say something that agrees with the scripture, or brace yourself for debate and arguments against your presentation.

What did I write that doesn't agree with scripture?

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear 1whirlwind. Jesus did say that He saw Satan fall down to Earth. Strong`s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible says the the origin of Satan is not known, he was on Earth and the Bible also tells us ,that Satan is roaring around like a hungry lion, looking for whom he can devour. We know that Satan is real, we know that Satan is God`s adversary, and we know also, Jesus has vanquished Satan on Golgotha. Satan pretends he is still with power, he is a liar and a murderer. At the name of Jesus, he and his followers will flee. Satan is only a danger to those who believe his lies, and follow his evil insinuations. With Christ on our side, Satan is powerless. I say this with love, whirlwind. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What did I write that doesn't agree with scripture?
That is what I would like to know as from I have seen, most of what you said is Scriptural :)

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Luke 10:18 and He yet said to them "I beheld the Satan as lightning/bright-star/astraphn <796> out-of the heaven falling/pesonta <4098> (5631) [Revelation 9:1?]

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth Messenger trumpets and I saw a Star/astera <792> out of the heaven having fallen/peptwkota <4098> (5761) into the land and was given to him the key of the well of the abyss, [Luke 10:18]

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear 1whirlwind. Jesus did say that He saw Satan fall down to Earth. Strong`s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible says the the origin of Satan is not known, he was on Earth and the Bible also tells us ,that Satan is roaring around like a hungry lion, looking for whom he can devour. We know that Satan is real, we know that Satan is God`s adversary, and we know also, Jesus has vanquished Satan on Golgotha. Satan pretends he is still with power, he is a liar and a murderer. At the name of Jesus, he and his followers will flee. Satan is only a danger to those who believe his lies, and follow his evil insinuations. With Christ on our side, Satan is powerless. I say this with love, whirlwind. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

And...I accept what you say with love Emmy. He is powerless to us but not to all.

"Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

Upvote 0