Bible Questions Answered

W

wmssid

To the Forum:

I am very disappointed in you. You never ask about the Bible message.

Who was "the third of the sun dasrkened?"

Who was "the moon turned to blood?"

Who was "the right eye plucked out?"

Who was "Satan fell from heaven?"

When did "the Euphrates dry up?"

Who were the "locusts?" - Rev 9.

Don't you care about any of the Bible.

The Bible is the "word of life." But you do not seem interested.

Do you have "the Living Water?" How can you tell?

What say we begin to get serioius on this forunm?

In Extreme Love (agape),

- DRA -

Jan 21, 2004
Texas
✟4,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How Many Days Was Jesus in the Tomb?

"three days and three nights"; Thursday, FRiday, Saturday - Mt 12.40.

"days" and "nights" were intended to infer 24 hour days.

The Little Horn "thinks to change times and law" - Dan 7.25.
He teaches 1.5 days (3 = 1.5).

John 2:19 says (all quotes from the NKJV), "Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this temple [His body per verse 21], and in three days I will raise it up.' "

Matthew 12:40 says, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Conclusion: "Three days" in John 2:19 is synonymous with "three days and three nights" in Matthew 12:40.

From the biblical account of Jesus' death, He died on Friday afternoon and was raised on Sunday morning. By our standards today, we would describe that time period as 1 & 1/2 days. However, the standard for describing days was different during the first century. To illustrate, Cornelius described his vision as being "four days ago" in Acts 10:30. Therefore, let's backtrack to discern the "four days." In verse 3, the angel appeared to Cornelius at 3:00 PM. To track the course of events, let's assume this was on Monday. According to verse 9, the men sent by Cornelius arrived the next day in Joppa at about noon. That would be on Tuesday. They stayed overnight with Peter and left with him the next morning to go back to Caesarea in verse 23. This would be on Wednesday. They arrived in Caesarea the next day. This would be on Thursday. Okay, let's consider the timeline. As we reckon time, we would say from Monday to Tuesday is a day, and from Tuesday to Wednesday is a day, and from Wednesday to Thursday is a day. We would call this three days. However, Cornelius reckoned it as "four days." The first day would have been Monday, even though it was only a part of day, it was still considered a day. And, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday would make three days. Therefore, the "four days" is explained, and there is no discrepancy - just different ways of considering time.

By the way, this example is typically used by those attempting to discredit the Bible as being God's word. I'm not sure exactly what your comments were trying to accomplish, so perhaps you can better explain the point you are trying to make.

As for the "little horn" in Daniel chapter 7, it refers to one of the Romans kings. Do you think one of the Roman kings altered Matthew 12:40? Is that your point? If so, please provide the evidence that Matthew 12:40 has been altered in some way.

By the way, are you in fellowship with any church or churches recognized as being a part of the Restoration Movement? And/or, are you involved in a small house-church type group that claims ties to the Restoration Movement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DISCIPLE61

Jan 5, 2009
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi; new here; looking for serious discussion without trolls trying to discredit the Word. Guess they're everywhere (sigh).

I liked your answer. If people would just study the Bible instead of trying to tear it apart, we'd all be better off.

I'm very interested in this Movement and would like more info. Thanks.

Blessings,

D

John 2:19 says (all quotes from the NKJV), "Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this temple [His body per verse 21], and in three days I will raise it up.' "

Matthew 12:40 says, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Conclusion: "Three days" in John 2:19 is synonymous with "three days and three nights" in Matthew 12:40.

From the biblical account of Jesus' death, He died on Friday afternoon and was raised on Sunday morning. By our standards today, we would describe that time period as 1 & 1/2 days. However, the standard for describing days was different during the first century. To illustrate, Cornelius described his vision as being "four days ago" in Acts 10:30. Therefore, let's backtrack to discern the "four days." In verse 3, the angel appeared to Cornelius at 3:00 PM. To track the course of events, let's assume this was on Monday. According to verse 9, the men sent by Cornelius arrived the next day in Joppa at about noon. That would be on Tuesday. They stayed overnight with Peter and left with him the next morning to go back to Caesarea in verse 23. This would be on Wednesday. They arrived in Caesarea the next day. This would be on Thursday. Okay, let's consider the timeline. As we reckon time, we would say from Monday to Tuesday is a day, and from Tuesday to Wednesday is a day, and from Wednesday to Thursday is a day. We would call this three days. However, Cornelius reckoned it as "four days." The first day would have been Monday, even though it was only a part of day, it was still considered a day. And, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday would make three days. Therefore, the "four days" is explained, and there is no discrepancy - just different ways of considering time.

By the way, this example is typically used by those attempting to discredit the Bible as being God's word. I'm not sure exactly what your comments were trying to accomplish, so perhaps you can better explain the point you are trying to make.

As for the "little horn" in Daniel chapter 7, it refers to one of the Romans kings. Do you think one of the Roman kings altered Matthew 12:40? Is that your point? If so, please provide the evidence that Matthew 12:40 has been altered in some way.

By the way, are you in fellowship with any church or churches recognized as being a part of the Restoration Movement? And/or, are you involved in a small house-church type group that claims ties to the Restoration Movement?

Upvote 0

- DRA -

Jan 21, 2004
Texas
✟4,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi; new here; looking for serious discussion without trolls trying to discredit the Word. Guess they're everywhere (sigh).

I liked your answer. If people would just study the Bible instead of trying to tear it apart, we'd all be better off.

I'm very interested in this Movement and would like more info. Thanks.

Blessings,

D

Welcome to the Forums and to the Restoration discussions. :wave:

As for the background for restoration, I find a scriptural basis for the restoration of God's people from unfaithfulness to faithfulness in 2 Kings 23. Concisely stated, God had previously given His people the law of Moses and they had become more and more unfaithful over time, and King Josiah led the efforts to restore faithfulness to God's people.

Likewise, after the Lord's church was established in the first-century under the law (i.e., gospel) of Christ, God's word foretold of a departure from the faith in 1 Timothy 4:1-3. Over time, some within this apostacy realized the need to be restored to faithfulness to God by teaching and practicing the things taught under the gospel of Christ (i.e., by following the N.T. teachings). In a nutshell, this is the history behind the restoration movement. Unlike the previous movement, the protestant or reformation movement, which protested or attempted to reform the Catholic Church, the restoration movement focused on restoring the New Testament Church as we find in the pages of God's word.

Hope this helps put things in perspective. :)

Upvote 0

Caleb4387

Feb 16, 2009
✟15,143.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"three days and three nights"; Thursday, FRiday, Saturday - Mt 12.40.

"days" and "nights" were intended to infer 24 hour days.

The Little Horn "thinks to change times and law" - Dan 7.25.
He teaches 1.5 days (3 = 1.5).
Thats right! Have you ever heard of a book called jesus christ our passover?

Upvote 0