Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a quote from an evangelist in West London:

"Most if not all Bible colleges are absolutely hopeless. Goodness me, most of the early church could not even read & write but yet they still accomplished all that they needed to do such as preaching to and saving 3000 on the day of pentecost. These days men have replaced revelation with man centred intellect and even critical thinking which have replaced the essential parts of the scriptures almost entirely."

I invite your comment ...

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Twelve sat at the feet of Christ Himself.
The early leaders of the Church themselves learned from the Apostles.

Substituting solid Christian teaching and catechesis with "revelation" is hopeless and results in a toxic, Christless religion.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Let this evangelist show us how he leads 3.000 people to Christ in one day, and I will definitely stop and listen to what he has to say

I'd further like to know his theology, because if it's not sound theology then even if he leads 30,000 people to his brand of religion in one day it doesn't amount to anything.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd further like to know his theology, because if it's not sound theology then even if he leads 30,000 people to his brand of religion in one day it doesn't amount to anything.
-CryptoLutheran

I agree. But if the guy leads 3.000 people to Christ, I will be willing to listen to him to see if his theology is sound. If he just bashes others for lack of fruit without having much fruit himself, then I will not even spend time listening to him

Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know his evangelism has resulted in a handful of people finding New Testament salvation by receiving the Spirit of God, speaking in tongues just like all Jesus' disciples ... people that didn't get it by going to churches where the ministers went to bible colleges and tell people to "the sinners prayer" or sincerely recite "the apostles creed" or make some other confession.
And because the church offers good ground for them to make their home in these few people bring family & friends.

Jesus says there is joy in heaven when this happens for even one "lost sheep" (Luke 15:7).

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know his evangelism has resulted in a handful of people finding New Testament salvation by receiving the Spirit of God, speaking in tongues just like all Jesus' disciples ...

I think that in itself demonstrates the problem with his theology. Glossolalia has nothing to do with our salvation in Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know his evangelism has resulted in a handful of people finding New Testament salvation by receiving the Spirit of God, speaking in tongues just like all Jesus' disciples ... people that didn't get it by going to churches where the ministers went to bible colleges and tell people to "the sinners prayer" or sincerely recite "the apostles creed" or make some other confession.
And because the church offers good ground for them to make their home in these few people bring family & friends.

Jesus says there is joy in heaven when this happens for even one "lost sheep" (Luke 15:7).

It is good when people find salvation, and I rejoice when people do. My problem is more with talking other people down. Why does your preacher feel the need to talk negatively about Bible colleges? This sounds like a inferiority complex (or worse)

While Bible college is not always a good thing, it is not always a bad thing either. The world's largest Protestant congregation - Yoido Full Gospel Church, Seoul has 830.000 members - and the founder went to Bible college/Studied theology. Martin Luther was a professor of theology, but he still had 'a small' impact on Christianity

Upvote 0