Visit site
✟18,087.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm a university student in NC right now but I'm thinking about dropping it and going to Bible college instead. I haven't found a whole lot of info on local Bible colleges though and from what I have found I have no idea how to compare them and choose ... I don't know much about Bible college to be honest so I'm not too sure where to begin looking into it. Anyone know of any particular schools anywhere in NC that you might recommend? Or is one school basically just as great as any other.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a university student in NC right now but I'm thinking about dropping it and going to Bible college instead. I haven't found a whole lot of info on local Bible colleges though and from what I have found I have no idea how to compare them and choose ... I don't know much about Bible college to be honest so I'm not too sure where to begin looking into it. Anyone know of any particular schools anywhere in NC that you might recommend? Or is one school basically just as great as any other.

Are you looking for a certain denomination? I see that you are a Presby. I know of a great Bible College, but it is definitely Baptist.

Lisa

Upvote 0

SolitarySoul

All Truth is God's Truth
Jan 8, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟18,087.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd prefer baptist over presby to be honest, but the denomination isn't as big of an issue for me at the moment. I've grown up in a presbyterian church but honestly that's the only reason I go, there's some things I don't agree with.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd prefer baptist over presby to be honest, but the denomination isn't as big of an issue for me at the moment. I've grown up in a presbyterian church but honestly that's the only reason I go, there's some things I don't agree with.

Okay, then, a great school in Greensboro, North Carolina is Piedmont Bible College. We have several young men in our church who are attending there to prepare for ministry.

Lisa

Upvote 0

shmody

dork
Apr 11, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟8,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is one near me called Roanoke Bible College in the small, but growing, Elizabeth City. I don't know much about it, but according to Wikipedia, it's supported by Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.

There is also Chowan University, though it's not a Bible college, but it is liberal arts school affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.

Upvote 0

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The one that comes to mind for me in NC is Southern Evangelical Seminary and Bible College:
http://www.ses.edu/index.html
If you're interested in apologetics and/or related subjects and already live in NC, seriously check it out. They offer a BA in Religious Studies, as well as several different Masters and Doctoral programs. It's located in "Matthews, NC", and not being from NC I don't know really where that is but here's the info on their location:
http://www.ses.edu/map.html

Generally speaking, look for an accredited school. Not just local accreditation (any religious school can get that) but preferably by ATS (see www.ats.edu for a list) and/or TRACS (in some ways a "lesser" but still significant accredator, see www.tracs.org for their list), or a college associated with an ATS/TRACS school.

Upvote 0