May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the record, it was not a joke.
Yes it was. :wave:

Calling it a joke is how you redefine what is not to make it defendable.
It doesn't need defending nor redefining. Calling it blasphemy simply needs to be corrected. There's a difference. :)

It depends on you definition of what is is. I know better.
So...what you're saying is: "If I decide it's blasphemy it's blasphemy. If I decide it's a joke it's a joke."? And only a select group of peoples opinion is what matters? :confused:
tulc(is just wondering) ;)

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If you're talking about me, post #32 in this thread. :wave:
tulc(in case you were wondering) :)
Thanks. I missed that post. I agree with your example that setting yourself up as God or setting someone else up as God is blasphemy.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's nice. And irrelevant. I can mock Mohammed all I want as well, and it's perfectly legal.

I dare you. Just ask other people how well that worked out.

How often have we heard conservative leaders being called the mouthpiece of God?

But it's different. It's called the double standard. Only liberals can get away with doing what conservatives do. We see this time and time again.

Upvote 0

Ubogion

May 29, 2012
✟15,558.00
Faith
Christian
I dare you. Just ask other people how well that worked out.

But it's different. It's called the double standard. Only liberals can get away with doing what conservatives do. We see this time and time again.
MuhammadMirror.jpg

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So where's that guy that produced the video that the Obama admin blamed on the Benghazi attack? (which we now know was a complete lie)

Hint: he isn't free

And what about that Seattle cartoonist who promoted Everybody Draw Mohammed Day?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/17/us/17cartoon.html
I never said people wouldn't have unreasonable or silly reactions to videos, comics, comedy routines, artwork, etc. See the OP for an example of such a reaction. My point was that it's not illegal at all. Immoral? Maybe by some standards. But morality, at least with respect to free expression, can't really be legislated.

"Haters gonna hate" and all that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

conamer

Yes it was. :wave:

It doesn't need defending nor redefining. Calling it blasphemy simply needs to be corrected. There's a difference. :)

So...what you're saying is: "If I decide it's blasphemy it's blasphemy. If I decide it's a joke it's a joke."? And only a select group of peoples opinion is what matters? :confused:
tulc(is just wondering) ;)

Something not defendable is always redefined by liberals. That is more the case with Liberal Christians

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Something not defendable is always redefined by liberals. That is more the case with Liberal Christians

I'm sorry, but what was it that needed defending?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.