BHO the Messiah, Jamie Foxx

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This:

is much better, and more thoughtful, than this:

But nearly as humorous -- which I suspect is lost on you at the moment, so I'll leave it in tulc's capable hands.

Seriously. What would you say is an example of actual blasphemy?

Ask a Christian.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama' | NewsBusters.org

Is this not blasphemous? (If you're an atheist, don't bother)

I think, being a comedian and all, it was meant to be sarcastic, rather than blasphemous. I'm not condoning what he said. It was tactless and offensive to many; however, I think he was more making fun of the people on the far right who refer to President Obama as "the liberals' messiah". In fact, the only people I've ever seen refer to Obama as 0messiah or the Obummersiah or the Liberal messiah are people who listen to Rush Limbaugh. I think he was the one who made it popular.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think, being a comedian and all, it was meant to be sarcastic, rather than blasphemous. I'm not condoning what he said. It was tactless and offensive to many; however, I think he was more making fun of the people on the far right who refer to President Obama as "the liberals' messiah". In fact, the only people I've ever seen refer to Obama as 0messiah or the Obummersiah or the Liberal messiah are people who listen to Rush Limbaugh. I think he was the one who made it popular.

Read the sidebar here.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Fair enough. Some people have a creepy view of our president. That's nothing new. I remember when Bush was in office people praising him, saying he was "an extension of God" and that deploying the troops was "doing the Lord's work".

My point was that the whole "messiah" label seems to be thrown around a lot more by the Rush listeners than actual liberals.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But nearly as humorous -- which I suspect is lost on you at the moment, so I'll leave it in tulc's capable hands.

Ask a Christian.

I think you had a very good description. But, I would like to find out what tulc would say is a good example of actual blasphemy.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's an obvious joke. How many conservatives called Obama "the messiah" during his first two years in office?

.....nuff said.

Seeing that Jamie Fox has mocked and given satirical comments on A LOT of media figures - from Michael Jackson to Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston and others - it's no surprise he said what he did. Anyone keeping up with his comments, from the show "In Living Color" to "The Jamie Fox Show" and other films can see that...

Upvote 0

1000Flames

Gloria Perpetua
Jul 27, 2011
USA
✟108,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you had a very good description. But, I would like to find out what tulc would say is a good example of actual blasphemy.

I'd imagine his definition would have to involve words that were intended to be taken seriously. Since a comedian is involved in this thread's topic, seriousness is never a given.

Either way, I'd like to see tulc's example as well ;)

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say claiming God hates only what you hate and loves only what you love. Thus setting yourself up as God. I'd say that was blasphemous. I'm trying to think of an example that doesn't have the words "Westboro" or "Baptist" in it because that's too easy. I'd say anytime the words "Well EVERYONE knows God hates "X" sort of people!" or "Well EVERYONE knows God loves only "X" sort of people!" comes out of your (or my) mouth, we should have a little bell that goes off in the back of our head warning us that we're entering the blasphemy zone. :wave:
tulc(realizes that doesn't leave much room for "righteous indignation!!" that's seemingly so vital to 21st century American Christians but, take heart, the above is only tulc's opinion) ;)

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obama never claimed to be a "Messiah", but that hasn't stopped some conservatives to keep the meme going....
Ringo

I guess I didn't have that beam of light shine through me.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

I'd say claiming God hates only what you hate and loves only what you love. Thus setting yourself up as God. I'd say that was blasphemous. I'm trying to think of an example that doesn't have the words "Westboro" or "Baptist" in it because that's too easy. I'd say anytime the words "Well EVERYONE knows God hates "X" sort of people!" or "Well EVERYONE knows God loves only "X" sort of people!" comes out of your (or my) mouth, we should have a little bell that goes off in the back of our head warning us that we're entering the blasphemy zone. :wave:
tulc(realizes that doesn't leave much room for "righteous indignation!!" that's seemingly so vital to 21st century American Christians but, take heart, the above is only tulc's opinion) ;)

That's idolatry not blasphemy. Fox didn't look or sound as if he was joking and I've watched him since ILC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's idolatry not blasphemy. Fox didn't look or sound as if he was joking and I've watched him since ILC.

Not real clear on what makes a good joke so good huh? Start one place appear to be going somewhere and then suddenly switch direction in an unexpected way. Jaimie started one place, suddenly switched direction, then ended up somewhere else. And honestly? All these people accusing him of blasphemy just makes it funnier. :wave:
tulc(loves faux outrage in the morning, it smells like...President Obama got re-elected!) :clap:

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Obama never claimed to be a "Messiah", but that hasn't stopped some conservatives to keep the meme going....
Ringo
Mostly it was people on the left from political pundants and journalists to entertainers and politicians that pushed the meme. The right only expresses how ridiculous and blasphemous they have become.

Let us not forget how we were subjected to the "Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus." and how Barack Obama was likened to Jesus Christ while Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was compared to the Roman governor Pontious Pilot responsible for ordering Jesus' crucifixion.

All pushed by the left for their moonbat Messiah.

When Obama talks “the Messiah is absolutely speaking.” - Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan

Oprah Reveals Obama is 'The One' (Messiah) - YouTube

A 'cult of personality' is created when the media casts a leader in a heroic or godlike image, combined with unquestioning praise and flattery for that person.

A hallmark of dictatorships throughout history, cults of personality have been used to dupe the public (primarily the youth) into believing they're part of a movement, where they are fed empty slogans which they parrot without question.

BHO and the Cult of Personality - YouTube

Reactions: QuiltAngel
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
the-truth-550x339.jpg

Art Gallery

Upvote 0