Beware - Shepherd's Chapel Eschatology - false doctrine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL - keep talking. This is very enlightening.

I don't have time...sorry it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Try re-reading the vast amount of Scriptural quotes you have been given and ask Him to guide you in understanding.

Dear lilmissmontana, thank you for your kind words...many blessings. :angel:

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

1Ti 1:3As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer
1Ti 1:4nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work-which is by faith.

2Ti 4:3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2Ti 4:4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

The Bible and the Holy Spirit teaches us. Hold firm to what God said. Trust in Him alone.

Adam and Eve are the father of Cain, because God said so.

Gen 4:1Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man."

There were only eight people on Noah's ark, because God said so.

Gen 7:23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark.

Gen 9:1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Gen 9:19These [are] the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

1Pe 3:20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

2Pe 2:5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I don't have time...sorry it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Try re-reading the vast amount of Scriptural quotes you have been given and ask Him to guide you in understanding.

Dear lilmissmontana, thank you for your kind words...many blessings. :angel:

any time, my friend ... :hug: ... your fruit is showing :D

fruits of the Spirit ... galatians 5:22,23

love
joy
peace
long-suffering
gentleness
goodness
faith
meekness
temperance

Colossions 3:12
Christian virtues

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering;
Forebearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrell against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
And above all these thing put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which ye also are called; and be ye thankful.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, all races came from Noah.

I think the different races could have been by the wives of Noah's three sons. Including Noah and his wife, that would be the four major races of white, yellow, black, brown. Uh, without the scientific names :D. It's just my theory, so no-one please don't get upset.

Doug L.

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

I think the different races could have been by the wives of Noah's three sons. Including Noah and his wife, that would be the four major races of white, yellow, black, brown. Uh, without the scientific names :D. It's just my theory, so no-one please don't get upset.

Doug L.

Yes, all people on the earth today have one common ancestor - Noah - regardless of their skin color because God said so.

Gen 7:23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained [alive], and they that [were] with him in the ark.

Gen 9:1And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Gen 9:19These [are] the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

1Pe 3:20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

2Pe 2:5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

Upvote 0
S

Swordsmanoffaith

You have posted a lot of truths here, Swordsmanoffaith. But just to be cliche, you'll win more flies with honey.

Forgive me for not being politically correct while speaking Truth. How else should I have said these people are preaching nonbiblical teachings besides directly pointing it out?

They bury themselves with their own words, especially when people who know Scripture and believe in it look at the nonbiblical nonsense they write.

Just beware. There are people here who are following off after them and that is dangerous.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jud&c=1&t=NIV#comm/21

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me for not being politically correct while speaking Truth. How else should I have said these people are preaching nonbiblical teachings besides directly pointing it out?

They bury themselves with their own words, especially when people who know Scripture and believe in it look at the nonbiblical nonsense they write.

Just beware. There are people here who are following off after them and that is dangerous.

Faith in Christ is faith in Christ. That is the one faith we share.

The scriptures are very powerful, and we can accompany them with our own words to state our belief and let all of the powerful words be those of the scriptures themselves. Of course this is hard to do and I don't even think I can do it right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.