Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican

OK, so what exactly is being claimed by drug users? Drugs are outlawed in a ton of countries and in some countries they can even get you executed, so they're obviously not a very popular group, at least with the governments of this planet.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
OK, so what exactly is being claimed by drug users? Drugs are outlawed in a ton of countries and in some countries they can even get you executed, so they're obviously not a very popular group, at least with the governments of this planet.
Drugs (see edited post) = any drug including so-called 'medicines' made by pharmacy.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good observation though, yes.
Are those you refer to deceiving the whole world ? Or very many people even ? No.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Another good point.
vs
Who owns the governments of this planet ?
Who makes tons more money than any of the governments ?

Satan is the prince of this world and in charge of all the governments of this planet per Luke 4 and other passages. Is Satan against illegal drugs, in your opinion?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Satan is the prince of this world and in charge of all the governments of this planet per Luke 4 and other passages. Is Satan against illegal drugs, in your opinion?
Right, as YHWH'S WORD SAYS, the devil is the ruler of this world for now.(Until Y'SHUA RETURNS).
My opinion doesn't matter.
What does YHWH'S WORD say about satan ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have heard the terms oppression which can be applied, possession is true because we have scripture of that.
Matthew 12:22 - Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

Now obsession I had never heard. Now a possessed person I guess could be sometimes considered obsessed especially if they are out to get even with someone, especially a Christian. Several years ago I read some testimonies by some women that practiced witchcraft and had worshiped the devil and the told of somethings that made the hair stand up on my arms. They talked about what happened when they tried to attack some Christians. Worth reading. Oh, forgot to say they did find Jesus, thank God.
Peace

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

In the following verse only the NIV says 'obsession' and we just have to use our thinking caps as to what entity may have pushed Paul to that point in his mental state.

NIV Acts 26:11 Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. In my obsession against them, I even went to foreign cities to persecute them.

As for your witchcraft comment I've heard from another, that a witch in a Florida high school told the youth leader from a local church something AFTER she had gotten saved. She had been a 'head' witch in that school and said her mom was a witch and she was dedicated to Satan from the womb. Anyway, she told the youth leader that they used to individually curse all their fellow Christian students, until they realized something; If they cursed 'milk toast' Christians, their curses worked. But if they cursed strong believers, those curses came back upon 'them'. In spiritual battles, it's always about who has the most authority in a particular battle, and not upon who is on the side that ultimately will win the war.

Proverbs 26:2 Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight.

We should all be strong in the Lord to keep curses from 'alighting' upon us.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

We should all be strong in the Lord to keep curses from 'alighting' upon us.

Proverbs 26:2 Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight.
Even little children
or especially little children
are healed by Y'SHUA as HE PLEASES, and the FATHER IN HEAVEN IS GLORIFIED!

The curses stay, or come new, and remain, when people allow them, wittingly or not,
and especially when people seek them. (yes, they get what they seek, except for divine intervention and protection as HE PLEASES TO PROTECT HIS SHEEP )

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Genesis 1 and 2 it is the very same words in Hebrew ('chay nephesh') which are translated as "living creatures" for animals, and as "living soul" for Adam.

There is a difference, with man God breathed the breath of life which I didnt read was done to animals..........

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

nĕshamah.......breath, spirit,breath (of God)divine inspiration, intellect =breath
chay (חַי chay, khah'-ee) alive;living, alive,active (of man) ........=life

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We become 'oppressed' by simply 'offering over our will' to outside influences. The 'oppression' is merely the will of something other than our own having 'influence' to alter it. In other words, if a demon is able to exert it's will over our own, that is indeed, oppression of over our own will.

Blessings,

MEC

Yes oppression I know about and possession I know about but it was someone using the term obsession I had never heard in regards to demons before, I was simply talking to DaveW-Ohev because he said he had grown up hearing the terminology 'oppression, obsession, possession'.
Peace

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DONT play with this. The 12 lived what they preached. They prayed 24/7 all the time every day.
No they didnt, nobody can pray 24/7 Jesus didnt even do that. He would go off to Himself at different times to pray but not 24/7.

maybe this is Gods will for them to be sick things like that

Where do you get its Gods will for someone to be sick ? Jesus was our example, when did He ever tell someone He wasnt going to heal them because He wanted them sick ? God is not evil.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed.
Does the above scripture say...by His stripes only some were healed??

There is NOTHING greater then HE that is IN YOU. I dont know ANYONE that can have 1/4 1/2 3/4 of Christ in them. He comes in ALL or not at all. And He does NOT share HIS House.
You are so right on this except our flesh is not His House, our spirit is His Home. Our flesh is not saved, take some time to think about what I am saying.

While we shouldnt really be going out just for the purpose trying to find demon possessed we should never be afraid of them, they have no authority over us but its us who have the power over them. If we fear them and they find out they will come after you to scare you if you allow it. We are children of God, its time to walk in our Fathers foot steps.
Blessings and peace.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No they didnt, nobody can pray 24/7 Jesus didnt even do that. He would go off to Himself at different times to pray but not 24/7.
YHWH Delights in HIS WORD and HIS children, Rejoicing Over us With Song and Dance ! :)

Seeking HIS WILL 24/7 is a choice.

In the NEW TESTAMENT, see HOW MANY times it is written the ekklesia lived every day "IN UNION"....
in
answer to Y'SHUA'S PRAYER(S) with the FATHER.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference, with man God breathed the breath of life which I didnt read was done to animals..........
You never read that he didn't, either...did you? Not that it really makes any difference to me or my POV. But the fact that He is the "Father of the spirits" and the the "God of the spirits of all flesh" also, is a more important point to me regarding any difference we may have with the animals....I think, but can't really say 'I know'. ;)

Hebrews 12:9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers to discipline us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

NUM 16:22 And they fell on their faces, and said, "O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be angry with all the congregation?"

Personally, I go another whole direction on all 'this dicotomy/tricotomy theology', but suffice it to say; scripture doesn't declare 'spirit plus dust became soul'.....they became a "living soul". Not distinguishing 'that' living point from that of a 'dying soul', as the result of sin, is simply a view not believed by most. Adam and Eve became 'living souls' because from the day they were created/formed they 'walked with God in the Spirit' of the day/age they lived in. And they did so UNTIL the day they sinned in the flesh.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool/RUWACH/SPIRIT of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

Having sinned, they no longer walked with God in SPIRIT. And sin is what made them go from being 'living souls' to 'corrupted dying souls'.

GAL 6:7 Be not led astray; God is not mocked; for what a man may sow - that also he shall reap, 8 because he who is sowing to his own flesh, of the flesh shall reap corruption; and he who is sowing to the Spirit, of the Spirit shall reap life age-during;

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

nĕshamah.......breath, spirit,breath (of God)divine inspiration, intellect =breath
chay (חַי chay, khah'-ee) alive;living, alive,active (of man) ........=life
Absolutely agree with every bit of this though. :)

I don't expect you to agree with what I've just shared, but I'm just 'briefly' explaining 'where/why' I believe like I do. :idea:

EDIT; A couple minutes ago, I felt like I was impressed to point out that this really is off topic. An impression which first led me think your quote from me, didn't even come from this thread. So I went back looking and found it was my first post. So, then I thought, I probably said way more here than I should have...and it's really way off topic...which may lead to distraction. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: shelley1952
Upvote 0