• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Between Sinner and Saint

cory_a_jenk

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Visit site
✟15,123.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi! I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder back in 05. It took me many years to learn how to forgive myself and to trust others and not act on the voices that I hear from time to time.
Now I am stable on my medication, but in the previous years I hadn't always been. In fact, I felt that I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and it took some ways to find hope again.
Now I look at it as the Apostle Paul did and simply say, "For I do not even judge myself..."
I feel that is the best approach I can do and less self-condemnation that I can give. Otherwise, it would simply be worldly sorrow and not godly sorrow.
I look forward to reading some of your threads and I introduce myself as Cory

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was diagnosed 2012, but I started hearing voices back when I was 18/9. I went three years without medication until I got diagnosed, and I have been on medication ever since. I have trouble judging myself for my thoughts and and some of my actions that I had while psychotic, and saying that you don't even judge yourself are wise words. I don't think I'll get to that point any time soon, but it would be nice if I did.

Reactions: cory_a_jenk
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was diagnosed 2012, but I started hearing voices back when I was 18/9. I went three years without medication until I got diagnosed, and I have been on medication ever since. I have trouble judging myself for my thoughts and and some of my actions that I had while psychotic, and saying that you don't even judge yourself are wise words. I don't think I'll get to that point any time soon, but it would be nice if I did.
Why judge yourself when you can repent and give it to God and be free of it? Jesus has already judged the world, you will be forgiven so just repent and let it go. Worry is what takes the place when there is a lack of faith and worry equals stress and stress equals cancer. Don't kill yourself worrying over what is forgiven. Know that God has mercy on the sick. He reads your heart and knows you at your souls core. God loves you because you care and you love Him also. Be good to yourself and try not to worry. Everything is going to be ok in the end and if things aren't ok- then it isn't the end.

Reactions: orangeness365
Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi! I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder back in 05. It took me many years to learn how to forgive myself and to trust others and not act on the voices that I hear from time to time.
Now I am stable on my medication, but in the previous years I hadn't always been. In fact, I felt that I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and it took some ways to find hope again.
Now I look at it as the Apostle Paul did and simply say, "For I do not even judge myself..."
I feel that is the best approach I can do and less self-condemnation that I can give. Otherwise, it would simply be worldly sorrow and not godly sorrow.
I look forward to reading some of your threads and I introduce myself as Cory

God came in the flesh not to condemn you Cory, but to save you from the judgment. God the Father in heaven loves you Cory, he died for your sins, that if you believe he is Jesus Christ, you will not be condemned in the judgment but have everlasting life.

Much love to you.

Upvote 0