✟8,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS!!

We have an awesome active parish with an amazing "Life Teen" group. We have 15,000 parishioners. The job market is great and the city is booming...It was named one of the top 10 places to live in the country according to Money magazine. Just about every where I go in Sugar Land, I run into someone from St. Laurence - pretty good indication that Catholics are a good percentage of the population.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Austin Texas, totally.

Austin is a very tolerant city, and it may not be catholic dominated, but it's definetely catholic friendly. and the catholic population is booming. my church can fit thousands, it has 5 masses, and it plans to double its size in the coming decade.

austin also has its own culture.. a very liberal, open minded, tolerant society with a very active night life. cofee is very important, and so is politics. and pets. it's much different then the rest of Texas, but imo in a great way.

so definetely austin!!

lol also boston is catholic friendly. oh, and nyc.

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why are both of specific suggestions in Texas??? (sorry, I have a friend who's a Texan, and I love to give her a bad time, and when I realized this I had to say something...)
I'm going to add a third "thumbs up" for Texas -- Fort Worth! It's a great growing community, but it still has a "small town" feel.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
What are some good places to live for a Catholic? Preferably, could you name ones with a decent Catholic population, good following of Catholics, a good job market, and a good place to raise a good Catholic family.

I'd say that'd depend on whether or not you can afford it and whether or not you agree with the local politics of the area.

I live in Houston, it is still affordable, but with all the things the major cities have that have become unaffordable. Unlike the other major cities like LA, NY, Chicago, its center is located dozens of miles from water- with the coastline touching the outskirts of the metro, meaning plenty of land. Definately a decent Catholic population.

It is the only part of this state I'd live in. I'd rather live further north, in a city with more character and identity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
what i like about texas is how diverse areas can be.

like here in austin, there are really ultra urban areas, very dense, and coffee shops, and it reminds you of a minuature NYC.. then there are areas with hills, and town houses, and it reminds you of like some rural area in italy lol. so yeah, i think that's cool.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.