Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought I'd share the story of Ben's Bells.

2014-02-07_0624.png

https://bensbells.org/

Last edited:
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Big Ben's famous chimes have been silenced until 2021 to allow essential repair works to take place.
Big Ben's bongs to fall silent until 2021

The first time I saw Big Ben was in the summer of 1986. It was sunrise and we were crossing the Thames on a bus from Paris. Big Ben and Parliament had just been given a good cleaning with soap and water and they both gleamed in the early morning sun. It was a very beautiful and memorable moment.

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
The first time I saw Big Ben was in the summer of 1986. It was sunrise and we were crossing the Thames on a bus from Paris. Big Ben and Parliament had just been given a good cleaning with soap and water and they both gleamed in the early morning sun. It was a very beautiful and memorable moment.

That brings back memories of a school holiday in Paris in 1961 . We travelled overnight to London . Then we went to Westminster Cathedral for Mass . After that we took the boat train to Dover , crossed the English Channel by boat to Calais , and then by train to Paris . We stayed in a French boarding school not far from the Eiffel Tower . It had a lovely chapel , and for the first time we had the old Latin Mass with the priest facing us . The school was the Lycée Janson de Sailly .Monsieur Janson de Sailly was a wealthy Parisian lawyer, who found out that his wife had a lover. Therefore, he decided to disinherit her and to bequeath all of his fortune to the State, under the condition that it be used to establish a modern high school that would offer an excellent education and in which no women would be allowed.The lycée was built in the 1880s . Quite an impressive place.....

561x360_altercation-lieu-devant-gymnase-lycee-janson-sailly-16e-arrondissement

1024px-Facade-lyc%C3%A9e-Janson-de-Sailly-%28Paris%29.JPG

15399674.jpg

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums