USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all do. This world doesn't always go the way we want it to go. But we have to trust by faith that HE knows the plans HE has for us...plans not to harm us but to give us hope and a future

It's just that what we might be experienciing in the immediate present doesn't seem to be the way we would have wanted to go and what we see before us really doesn't seem to be working out the way we would have planned

• Friendly
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I know what you mean. I'm going through a tough time right now personally, and it is hard to have things not work out like I imagined. But God is good, I know He has me in His hands. I like to think of the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" when I feel low. It's funny that you mention doubting. I have doubted God my entire Christian life, it seems. My life verse is "I believe, help thou mine unbelief."

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know what you mean. I'm going through a tough time right now personally, and it is hard to have things not work out like I imagined. But God is good, I know He has me in His hands. I like to think of the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" when I feel low. It's funny that you mention doubting. I have doubted God my entire Christian life, it seems. My life verse is "I believe, help thou mine unbelief."
Faith...even the size of a mustard seed (if it is directed in and on HIM alone in all situations whether in seasons of sunshine or seasons of rain) is faith

It is always very easy to have faith in seasons of sunshine

Another thing completely in seasons of rain

• Agree
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When in seasons of grief, I have tended to come closer to God than in seasons of joy. I know it is a terrible thing, but when everything is going swimmingly, I tend to not talk to God except to pray for people or things. I don't really TALK to Him like He is my Father. But when things are not so happy, I come back to Him like a little girl running to her Father with a bruised knee. I am glad He doesn't neglect us like some of us neglect Him.

Thanks again for your kind words, and for your prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love 'Great is Thy faithfulness', also.
Lamentations 3.23

• Agree
Upvote 0