yam

Sep 19, 2006
Unitedstates
✟18,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously , it is so hard. There are days when I am fine with it and there are other times when it is so lonely and furstrating. I always wonder if I will ever find someone. All of my friends are in relationship and they are always talking about their BFs and asking for advice why I have nothing to talk about. The conversation always came back to wheather I am dating someone yet" Anyone else is going through teh same stituation?

scotslad83

Mar 15, 2011
Scotland
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously , it is so hard. There are days when I am fine with it and there are other times when it is so lonely and furstrating. I always wonder if I will ever find someone. All of my friends are in relationship and they are always talking about their BFs and asking for advice why I have nothing to talk about. The conversation always came back to wheather I am dating someone yet" Anyone else is going through teh same stituation?

I can relate to this and I'm sure many others can too. It only gets worse when most of your friends are now married and having children. I've been a best man twice, don't think I'll ever be standing on the other side in the church but I think you just need to keep your chin up buddy hard as that is. I've been very down of late but I think it's bad to let yourself get so low. Try to be positive buddy :)

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Oh the life of us singles. Being single is something I cherish and hate. I am so grateful that I am able to experience what it is like to live on my own with room mate(s), pay my own bills, grow up, discover who I am, but seeing my friends getting married one by one and start families one by one is difficult. There is a picture from..oh goodness, I want to say about 10 years ago. It was taken at a youth retreat, Branded by Fire at the Brownsville church in Pensacola Florida. There are about 10 maybe 11 of us girls in the picture. Every single girl...EVERY SINGLE GIRL in that picture, beside me, is either married or married and having/has kids now. Does that bug me? Yea, it does. I often feel like I am doing something wrong in my life that is causing me to not have someone or maybe it is because I am just not enough...whatever that may mean, just not enough to make someone happy. But I also feel...no, I also know that I wouldn't be the same person I am right now...this very minute if I was married already. Dwelling on being single only makes things worse. It doesn't do me any good coming into CF and seeing all of these really sad threads about being single. We are all struggling but remaining positive and hopeful that God will deliver is the only thing we have going for ourselves, the only thing. Me personally, I am so tired of being sad about being single...I am tired of crying over the same thing and it not doing anything. I am just tired. Tired of it all. But before I go into a downward spiral of depression I will close by saying this: Being single is hard...it is hard at 25 and I would imagine it only gets even more difficult the older you get. And I know the generic sayings of, 'You will find someone when you are ready', 'Just stop looking and you will find someone' and 'Think only happy thoughts about this situation because being sad won't help' do not really do any good, even if there is some truth behind them. So i will end by saying I will be praying for you. I pray you will not being single for much longer and that God will give you the patience and understanding you need in the mean time :)

Upvote 0