• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Being reported on...

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anyone ever have someone call your authorities or something about a suicide threat? If so, how did you respond? It just happened to me and I hate them. Stupid security comes down to my room, makes sure I'm safe (which I am) and then 10 minutes later the RD comes down to ask the same questions, but more in depth. All I know is I freak out and then I am angry at the "reporter" for the next 5 months.

servant4ever

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well maybe the reporter's job and career were on the line and they had no other choice. It doesn't matter if you are serious or not. Certain people are obligated to report suicidal threats. What were you expecting to happen?

So maybe you should consider that your words and actions affect more than you. I guarantee that it sucks harder to be the person who reported you than it does to be you.
So think about that.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reporting someone making suicidal threats or speaking of suicide is very difficult. If you are threatening to hurt yourself, or kill yourself, or talking about it alot, an ethical person who cares about you will report you.

I am being trained to be a therapist, and I will be mandated to assess and report any clients who are a serious threat to themselves or others. To do otherwise would be unethical and I would not be able to sleep with myself if one of my clients did kill themselves and I did not report them.

The question to ask is this. What are you doing to take care of yourself and learn to cope with the negative emotions that are coming up? How are you self-soothing? Do you read scriptures regularly, like the Psalms?

I have been suicidal in the past, so I empathize with you on the feelings. I am on medications for depression, anxiety and psychosis. I am going to survive my emotional troubles. I am a stubborn, determined woman. Make the decision to do anything it takes to survive. Christ will give you the strength to do whatever it takes to get through it.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
man, like I told you before.....they love you.....why else would they do it? If they don't like you and you were unstable...don't you think they'd laugh and wait for you to end it? The very fact that they are calling someone is because they care about you and DON'T want you to die.....with love, Lauren

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with Lawise, dude, we love you.
To respond to the OP, please read Failed Suicide Attempt x2 and you will see what happened with me, to elaborate a bit though, yes it has been reported, I have been rather, the time was January 6th at like 9pm when I decided to swallow a couple bottles of pills and then walked out on my best friend but called when I left the dorm to apologize and she KNEW something was wrong, did I mention she found my suicide notes early? SHe ran downstairs where I had already left from and all my campus group was down there for 'hangtime' in which all of chi alpha gets together after service to hang out...well we did and 2 of my guy friends, one who was Eve's husband, followed me outside because they said I was stumbling and had huge pupils, they tailed me while she called 911 adn campus security. I was going to a crane to climb up, slit my wrists and die when Eve found me, crying and dragged me limping and disoriented to my campus pastor who knew NOTHING was even going on and then he took me to his SUV and drove me to the hospital while I begged him to let me die. The drs saved me thank God.

Chris, if it was not for her calling 911 and telling my pastor, I would be dead. Would you, personally, be happy if I was dead? No, so stop complaining about people loving you buddy, because were not going to stop, it is our obligation as brothers and sisters in christ to help you and even for the unsaved, it's a moral responsibility to call for help.

We love you, stop trying to make it sound like they did it to be mean, I know it is hard to believe they wanted anything other than to meddle with your life but take it from a person who knows...

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, I wasn't thinking straight when it happened. I am already talking to the person as good friends again (unlike the last few times I've been reported). I guess I'm just mad at my school for making me tell my counselor this.

servant4ever

Upvote 0