Being Loved or Being Understood?

Which Would You Rather Have?

• Someone who loves you (romantically)

• Someone who understands you

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As the OP said though (unless they changed it and i missed it) the person who understands you would be of the same sex as you. I don't think that would change a lot of your answers, but just thought I'd throw that out there. :p

:ahah:

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I voted for love. I'm honestly used to people not getting me. Even most of my family doesn't get me, but they love me and accept me anyway. As long as the guy would love me, respect me and accept me despite not getting me, then I think I could be fine with it.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had to vote for understanding. It just seems foreign that someone can love you deeply, but not understand you.

Well, I have had one girl have a long-term crush on me without understanding me. Thing is, as soon as she began to understand me, she started to realize that I'm not the sort of man she wants.

So I guess it's possible for romantic affection (eros) to be present, but if it isn't founded on agape and phileo (the latter of which requires mutual understanding and a sharing of values) then it's hit-or-miss whether understanding will yield greater affection, or alienation.

Upvote 0