Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What do you admire in another person? You, too, can have those same character traits.

If instead of being jealous of that person, you genuinely appreciate what is in them, God can also give that to you. When I was a new Christian, there was a lot of changing for me to do. Although my spirit was born again, my mind was not. It had to be renewed step by step. There was a lot in my past that needed to be overcome.

I was hungry for God’s Word. I read and studied it so that I could apply it to my life. I had lived more than three decades without it. There was much to learn and unlearn. Growth in spiritual things takes time just as it does in the natural.

Some people grow more quickly than others. Others never seem to change at all. They remain spiritual infants all of their lives.

Each of us is given a choice. We can either be a burden or a blessing. There are seasons we go through when certain doors are opened for us. If we do not go through the opened door at that time, we remain the same.

If our heart’s desire is to be a blessing to others, God will show us how. Sometimes the best thing we can do for others is to get ourselves free. To walk in integrity before others will help them more than you know.

Ann Doupont
October 31, 2006

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Ann

I am a new member, so new that this is the first post I have read and it spoke directly to a concern I have.

It's nice to be reminded that this is a process and not a 2 minute course in perfection.
Welcome to CF. Perfection is something I have struggled with for years. It seems to have been something required of me since childhood...like, believing that I could win someone's love if I was perfect enough. Trouble is, I could never do that. I could never be perfect enough.

Upvote 0

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
All we can do is just try
Even if it is hard
We all can lean on the Lord!
For us to do so!
Yes, leaning on the Lord...seeking Him constantly, and following His lead. Getting to know His voice through having quality time alone with Him. It's all good!

Upvote 0