Being 40 and losing weight

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it too late to start losing weight at 40? It seems to me like I would be turning back the clock if I were to lose weight. My goal is to lose over 100 pounds and I now wonder if it will be harder since I have turned 40. I am no longer in my 20-30s and in that regard I feel kind of old whenever I am around even 30 year olds sometimes. I wonder if I am making too much out of things. I am a diabetic with other health issues. Will they worsen as I age despite my weight issues?

I started a diet 10 months ago upon learning I was diabetic, I have brought my blood sugar back in to the mid normal range and lost 70 pounds. I have health issues that make it difficult to do strenous exercise but i have been able to be much more active, my goal is to lose another 70 or so lbs in the coming year. It has not been easy but it is doable, I am 42.

Upvote 0

thenumb

Dec 31, 2005
Texas
✟8,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think you can put an age limit on weight loss, in fact doing so just feeds negative energy. I can point you to a guy I work with who has his own youtube channel where he does meal planning. It's pretty granular, even does shopping lists. Let me know if you're interested, glad to help :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thenumb

Dec 31, 2005
Texas
✟8,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I started a diet 10 months ago upon learning I was diabetic, I have brought my blood sugar back in to the mid normal range and lost 70 pounds. I have health issues that make it difficult to do strenous exercise but i have been able to be much more active, my goal is to lose another 70 or so lbs in the coming year. It has not been easy but it is doable, I am 42.

Awesome! Any movement is movement! Any forward progress is progress! Keep going!

Upvote 0