1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning an Evangelist Ministry

Discussion in 'Missions, Evangelism & Witnessing' started by alancrookham, Feb 3, 2009.

1. alancrookham

alancrookham [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][b

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Hello! I have been a missionary in foreign countries for about 8 years now, recently I feel like the Lord is leading me to begin working as an Itinerant Evangelist. How does one go about starting in a ministry like that? Do new evangelists just start calling pastors or something? Thanks for any advice!
    Alan

2. sanctify518

sanctify518 Praise to the King of Kings

Faith:
    Christian
    I've been looking in to the same thing. I just don't know where to start. I want to travel the US to different churches, events etc..any suggestions?

3. zon3d

zon3d Junior Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Start on the street. Make it a very regular thing to witness to strangers on the street (and open air preaching). Your Church will eventually then support you in that endeavour and they'll probably then want you to do their evangelistic rallies after a while. Word about you will eventually spread and you'll have calls to preach from other Churches nationally, then eventually internationally. But it is not a quick process generally.