• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Before I formed you in your mothers womb I KNEW you and APPROVED of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UnitynLove

Number 1. "Before I formed you in your mothers womb I KNEW you and APPROVED of you."

You are not a surprise to God. He knew what he was getting when he got you. He knew what you were going to do before you even did it and yet he still chose you. "I KNEW you and approved of you." When you make a mistake or when you mess up or when you make a right decision and triumph it is not a shock to God. He knew what was going to happen before it even did. "Lord, my times are in your hands." So God does not reject you every time you do something wrong, because he knew what he was getting in the first place. And God does not love you any less or anymore if you do the wrong or right thing because he approved of you before you were even formed in your mothers womb. Now since God chose you, and knew you were going to make both right and wrong decisions, but yet still picked you out of this world and chose to save you through his son Jesus and use you for his purpose, God will never reject you. "He which began a good work in you shall continue it until the coming of Christ." Now why would just pick up a project and not finish it?? It makes no sense. It is even written 'God's ways are higher than ours." You didn't start the good work He did and he will make sure he completes it. And he started that good work in you despite all the wrong actions, thinking, mistakes, failures, mess ups, good decisions, right thinking, and triumphs. And he knew all these wrong and right things you were going to do and yet he still saved and APPROVED of you. So when you mess up do not reject yourself. You should not reject yourself because God does not reject you. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." God is saying, Look I know you, I know what you are going to do before you even do it. I did not choose you because of your performance, I chose you because of your heart towards me. "God searches the earth to find one that has a PERFECT HEART towards him." Not perfect performance but a perfect heart. So you were accepted by God (Before you were even born in your mothers womb) not for what you do (#1. You didn't even get a chance to do anything and yet he still accepted you #2. God knew what you were going to do good and Bad) But because he loves you and choses you despite your mistakes and shortcomings. (I approved of you). So remember you are NOT chosen and loved because of your performance, God knew you were going to mess up from the start, but because God chose to love you from the beginning of time before you were formed in your mothers womb. If God didn't want you he could of just left you. Because like all of us we were sinning on end and in a lot of mess. Yet he still called us out and decided to save us and chose us before we even began to even do anything. You weren't even born yet and God chose you and accepted you into his family. "For we did not receive the spirit of bondage again, but we received the spirit of ADOPTION were by we cry out Abba father." We are now adopted into the family of God because of our belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. The spirit of adoption is the Holy spirit and if you believe on Jesus and confess with your mouth that he died for you and your sins and ask for the holy spirit then you are saved and now in the family of God. So enjoy your new relationship he is your Dad now. Enjoy him, you are close to him now because of your belief on his son Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan519

Bryan519

Jul 10, 2008
Austin, Texas
✟7,746.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While attending therapy, I was told that there is a distinguishing difference between self-esteem and self-worth. Self-esteem is something you have to build or develop while self-worth is endowed by our creator. Self-worth is infinite and unchangeable. It is the very essence of God's infinite grace. We are all born the same way into this world and our worth is instilled into us at our very conception. Our behavior, feelings, looks, etc. do not define our worth in the eyes of the creator. We all have value. Nothing can change that. This point is very well illustrated by the OP - Thanks Unity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.