keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I know I've been gone for a while. I was just hired at a local high school to teach CP Biology I. I have witnessed first hand the scientific illiteracy today's new generation is growing up with. It is very sad but maybe I can plant the spark of scientific discovery and critical thinking in a few of their minds.

Did I miss anything good while I was gone?

Is the CP college prep?

If so I'm not sure if that is good or bad. part of me says it would have been nicer to have a biology class in the 10th grade that was not burdened with idiot seniors trying to fulfill their science requirement.

Part of me worries this means one more dum dum class which eliminates any chance of such learning.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is the CP college prep?

If so I'm not sure if that is good or bad. part of me says it would have been nicer to have a biology class in the 10th grade that was not burdened with idiot seniors trying to fulfill their science requirement.

Part of me worries this means one more dum dum class which eliminates any chance of such learning.

The OP posted that 5 years ago. This is another thread resurrection by AV. He does this to distract when he is getting beat up elsewhere.

I don't think that the OP will be responding to you.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What's the point of an atheist claiming non-Trinitarian theology anyway, when they don't believe in any of it to begin with?
Perhaps their own reading of the texts leads them to that conclusion ("I don't believe the text, but if I did, I would be non-Trinitarian"), and they want to share their conclusion with Trinitarian Christians - a bit like Christians who cite Quranic verses proving Islam is hostile or demonic or whatever. They don't believe the texts, but they are trying to show an inconsistency in Muslim beliefs. Maybe he's trying to do the same - show that Christians are wrong to espouse trinitarianism, when the Bible clearly shows non-trinitarianism. Or perhaps the error isn't even Biblicaly, but simply logical - the trinity is inherently illogical, so therefore shouldn't be affirmed. In a nutshell, maybe he's playing Devil's Advocate.

For me, this is why I came to CF in the first place - to engage in discussion and debate with those who believe things differently to me. "My beliefs are clearly the most logical and rational beliefs to have, so why would anyone believe differently? Well, let's find out" - nine years later, I'm still here.

Reactions: Zosimus
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I've been gone for a while. I was just hired at a local high school to teach CP Biology I.

Hope you're going to teach the students there's no evidence, based on the scientific method, that humanity is the result of only naturalistic mechanisms acting on an alleged single life form of long ago.

Stick with microevolution (bacteria becoming bacteria, moths becoming moths) and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, my.

Are the posters here worse than those of Jesus' time?
They are the same as they were in the day of Noah. They mocked him then and they mock him now. Only this time God will destroy the world with fire, not water. Even for 50 years now the nuclear weapons are aimed at their target, only God is holding them back until the day when the restraint will be removed. Fail Safe is a little more safe when God is in control.

"just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.…"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope you're going to teach the students there's no evidence, based on the scientific method, that humanity is the result of only naturalistic mechanisms acting on an alleged single life form of long ago.
I would be willing to bet that he is going to teach what is in the book.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
zombie thread.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know I've been gone for a while. I was just hired at a local high school to teach CP Biology I. I have witnessed first hand the scientific illiteracy today's new generation is growing up with. It is very sad but maybe I can plant the spark of scientific discovery and critical thinking in a few of their minds.

Did I miss anything good while I was gone?
Welcome back!

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0