• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

beauty for ashes ( may trigger)

Feb 21, 2015
NORTH CAROLINA
✟15,180.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi my name is Amber and I am a survivor of sexual assault.. I felt led to tell my story hoping somebody out there who's hurting would read this and know they are not alone..

I met my biological father for the first time when I was 16 years old. Before that time I suffered from many voids in my heart from having a dad who rejected me, growing up with a sister who has bipolar, and being raised by a mother who was struggling with affects of sexual abuse.. and with suicidal thoughts.

So when I finally met my dad it was like a dream come true.I thought my dad finally loved me.. I thought I found what I had been searching for my whole life..

He used to let me drink some nights and to a 16 year old of course I thought it was so cool my dad let me drink .. One night I ended up drinking too much.. so much that I passed out on the couch.. And waking up to being sexually assaulted by my father..
Now I'm not gonna get into to much detail about that because that is not the reason for this. The reason I'm writing this is to tell you that it does get better..
That you can go through hell and God bring you to heaven.
He can take something that is dead and give life to it .
Make a way when there is no way..
He can give you beauty for your ashes!
Now it was not easy getting to this place..
Before I found God I struggled with promiscuity, eating disorders, self harming, alcohol abuse the list goes on and on.. I tried to fill the empty spaces in my heart with things that only He can fill! If anybody is struggling with this and would like to talk please pm or email me. God bless anyone reading this I hope it helps someone!

ParentofChildren

Wanderer
Nov 4, 2006
✟9,005.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi my name is Amber and I am a survivor of sexual assault.. I felt led to tell my story hoping somebody out there who's hurting would read this and know they are not alone..

I met my biological father for the first time when I was 16 years old. Before that time I suffered from many voids in my heart from having a dad who rejected me, growing up with a sister who has bipolar, and being raised by a mother who was struggling with affects of sexual abuse.. and with suicidal thoughts.

So when I finally met my dad it was like a dream come true.I thought my dad finally loved me.. I thought I found what I had been searching for my whole life..

He used to let me drink some nights and to a 16 year old of course I thought it was so cool my dad let me drink .. One night I ended up drinking too much.. so much that I passed out on the couch.. And waking up to being sexually assaulted by my father..
Now I'm not gonna get into to much detail about that because that is not the reason for this. The reason I'm writing this is to tell you that it does get better..
That you can go through hell and God bring you to heaven.
He can take something that is dead and give life to it .
Make a way when there is no way..
He can give you beauty for your ashes!
Now it was not easy getting to this place..
Before I found God I struggled with promiscuity, eating disorders, self harming, alcohol abuse the list goes on and on.. I tried to fill the empty spaces in my heart with things that only He can fill! If anybody is struggling with this and would like to talk please pm or email me. God bless anyone reading this I hope it helps someone!

Strong young women. <><

Upvote 0