Beating myself over missed chances!!

chaval

Apr 5, 2010
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all!! I made this account a while back, but I decided to come back today :p btw I turn 18 this weekend

Anyway, here is the situation:

There is a girl in my English class whom I have a mini-crush on lol. I am also a follower of Christ, meaning I am serious about God. I have been praying to God that He may show me what He wants me to do in this situation.

I think she might like me too, but im not sure. I have been getting a lot of chances to talk with her, but I have missed all of them due to my shyness. I told a friend about this, and he has confirmed that this is Gods way of bringing us together, meaning He also wants me to talk to her. I have been feeling regret over these missed chances???? What can I do??? Will God give me more chances??

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Quick rundown:

1. God isn't explicitly telling you anything. Stop talking like that because it's not productive toward changing your perspective on things.

2. You should talk to her. Or don't get mad if she goes after someone else because they seemed cooler and actually said two words to them.

3. If you did what you can do, don't kick yourself over that. But if you didn't do anything or not enough (like not talking to her), by all means take that as a teachable moment and do better.

aaaaaand that's about it. Learn these three things, and have a better life. No fooling. :)

Upvote 0

chaval

Apr 5, 2010
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quick rundown:

1. God isn't explicitly telling you anything. Stop talking like that because it's not productive toward changing your perspective on things.

2. You should talk to her. Or don't get mad if she goes after someone else because they seemed cooler and actually said two words to them.

3. If you did what you can do, don't kick yourself over that. But if you didn't do anything or not enough (like not talking to her), by all means take that as a teachable moment and do better.

aaaaaand that's about it. Learn these three things, and have a better life. No fooling. :)
Thanks bro

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I used to be shy, until I found confidence in myself and in God. Just take a deep breath and go and talk to her, you can do it! If she likes you, she will be more than happy if you talk to her. Don't let shyness get in the way of your life.

Congratulations on turning 18, by the way :)

Upvote 0

phina

Mar 28, 2011
Qld, Australia
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Chaval, take that chance and talk to her, it will help you overcome your shyness.. and it will build confidence in you! take that big first step then everything else should just flow, if it's meant to be.. it will be :)

btw, when I was in high school.. Their was a particular guy I liked and I didn't do anything about it because I was fearing rejection, and I thought that he would never like me the same way.. 7years later, I bumped into him a concert.. during our convo, he splurred out that he once had a crush on me in high school but he had the same fears as to why he never brought it up.. I too told him how I felt.. but yeah nothing's to come of it because he's in a rocky marriage (was forced to get married, because she was pregnant) and he's got 2 kids.. we both do wish we knew what could of been, but it just wasn't meant to be obviously.

I hope my story helps!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums