Results are only viewable after voting.

Leasama

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found very interesting writing about the CEDARS. (Psalms.92:12-15). Everybody of us should be tall and impressive as CEDAR.
I think you will like it.

Vladimir SHELKOV

BE LIKE THE CEDARS

“The righteous will flourish like palm trees; they will grow like the cedars of Lebanon. They are like tress planted in the house of the Lord, that flourish un the Temple of our God, that still bear fruit in old age and are always green and strong. This shows that the Lord is just, that there is no wrong in my protector.”
Psalms.92:12-15

Features of cedar:

1) Tall, impressive look (the high is up to 40 meters and diameter is 11 meters) and with lush leafage. (1Kings 4:33. Ezekiel 17:23. 31:3)

2) Its features: long-living (grows one thousand and more year) and is strong as a stone. The house build of cedars is resistant from decay but it’s not only of solidity it has bitter taste and not any single bug touches it.

There are gates in the Saint Elijah’s fortress that was built by crusaders. The age of the gates is about 800 years old and they are made of cedar. The Bible testimonies about its resistance: “He will make the city of Nineveh a deserted ruin, a waterless desert. It will be a place where flocks, herds, and animals of every kind will lie down. Owls will live among its ruins and hoot from the windows. Crows will caw on the doorsteps. The cedar wood of her buildings will be stripped away (Zephaniah 2:13-14).
From the ancient time the planks of cedar were used for special/important works. Egyptians used it for producing sarcophagus (coffins) for local pharaohs. The Arabians were producing thrones from cedar for their caliph (king). Romans, Greeks, and Turks used this material as well.

The Solomon used the timber of cedar too for the Sanctuary’s construction in Jerusalem (1 Kings 5:6). King’s house was made from cedar (2 Samuel 7:2).
With reference to God’s wisdom David equates the righteous to cedar tree. Let’s take a look, what characteristics the believer must have that he/she will be like the cedar.

1) The cedar is tall and magnificent. And Christian? He/She must be also tall and majestic. Though in which sphere?

The people are proud of their scientific and any other technical achievements. People are proud of their assets. Unfortunately the majestic is not in this. People are proud of their, ego whereas “for the things that are considered of great value by man are worth nothing in God’s sight” (Luke 16:15).

How will we become tall and magnificent? Maybe we should be proud that we found out more Truth (Bible teaching) than other and are selected to be in God’s nation? Let us remember pharisee. Haven’t he showed the same spiritual arrogance: “I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else” – he said. Let us remember the Laodicea’s Angel words full off proudness: “I am rich and well off”. Surely we should be thankful to God for that light (Bible teaching) that was given to us but we should not boast and be proad of it. “I abhor the pride of Jacob” (Amos 6:8)- the Lord says and “I hate .. pride, arrogance.... “ (Proverbs 8:13). This kind of spiritual pride causes conflicts (Proverbs 13:10). We can have a huge spiritual knowledge, yet it does not extoll us and make us magnificent. The God will suspend the arogance of the greats (Isaiah 3:11) and God’s day will tumble in all greats and conceited people (Isaiah 2:12).

So what we should be proud of?
Obedience, meekness, love-mainly that elements which the spiritual, moral life consists of. Here is E.White’s testimony about it: “Our knowledge may be as high as heaven, but it will save neither ourselves nor our fellow men unless we are Christians. A right example will do more to benefit the world than all our knowledge”. (“Christ Object’s Lessons”, Chap. 27 - "Who is My Neighbour?”). Good example extols us – we must show it in our life. The Psalm No. 131 is called “The Psalm of Rise”. What kind of means according to David extols us? – obedience, meekness (Galatians 5:22-23).

Let us take a look what the Bible says about the same subject: “ Patience is better than pride” (Ecclesiastes 7:8); “Do not be proud but accept humble duties” (Romans 12:16); “Let the humiliated brother boast about his exaltation” (James 1:9); “the Lord lifts up the humble” (Psalms 147:6).

So our highness and majesty firstly is the life that shows the high morality. Let’s remember Christ’s words: “Whoever wants to be first … be the servant of everyone else”. Let us take into the consideration Lord’s words told to Samuel: “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (Samuel 16:7)- not at the knowledge, but at the heart. Let our lips speak with David: “But you, o Lord, are supreme forever” ( Psalms 92:8). “Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud” (Psalms138:6). The word “rigteous” means – moraly right i.e. that who lives according to the God’s Commandements ( 1 John 3:7).

Jerusalem’s sanctuary wall was contructed of blocks of stone which was covered by the planks of cedre and it was decorated by the magnificiant golden carvings. The stone couldn’t be seen. Let it be in our life that the knowledge would be covered by moral life, ie. firstly let be seen our righteous life.

2) Another feature of cedar is its solidity and preservation.

When David had build the solid house of cedre, he didn’t forget to ask God about another solidity for his house i.e. for everybody who lived with him, who belong to his family. He was prayed as follows: “And may your name be established and honored forever so that everyone will say, ‘The Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, is Israel’s God!’ And may the house of your servant David continue before you forever.” (1 Chronicles 17:24).

We also must be strong like the Scripture teachers us: 1Kings 2:2. Deuteronomy 6:17. 2 Chronicles 20:20. 1Corinthians 15:58. But where we can learn this strength, get energy that we would show the character of high morality?

The cedar gets the nutritious substances that are necessary for growth and solidity from the environment – the damp soil and air. We must also get the strength for growth and solidity from the environment, from the source of strength i.e. from God as written in Psalms 92:8-9 and Isaiah 26:4.

We read in the letter to the Hebrews when Moses left Egypt “He kept his eyes on the One who is invisible (Hebrews 11:27). So let’s get the strength from Him that “we hold firmly to the end the confidence we had at the beginning” (Hebrews 3:14). Solidity of cedar is lasting; permanent subject; our spiritual solidity and harness should be equally the same.
The bitter taste of cedar does like neither any single bug nor caterpillar. Let these kinds of features, subjects should be inside us which will not have any chance for the caterpillar of doubt and any other bugs that aims to gnaw our spiritual life and destroy us with success.

And another lesson from the cedar. According to Ezekiel 17:23 birds of every kind will live and find shelter among the dense branchers and protection from the sun in cedar’s shade. Let it be that many people would shelter in the shade of our character which would give the mercy and here they will have protection from the world’s heat. But it’s our misary if instead of the chilly shade we will gave them naked branches even with needles.

In the conclusion let us remember another lesson about the cedar:

David had to deliver the cedars from the remote countries for construction of the Sanctuary. It was dragged through the ground and when the logs reached the warehouse the bark was already lost. It was tattared, scratched.

Let it be such christian’s life. Let us loose the the upper woolen clothing, the clothing of arrogant missionary travelling in the world’s valley of the lament and grief.
We should stay with linen underwear which symbolizes the reborn character and which is enriched with fruits of the Saint Spirit. This asset we can take to the heaven!

That the polished one would be worthy to be placed in the Sanctuary’s wall and would stay there forever!

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

239644-albums1818-20895.jpg

Thread moved from Formal Debate Proposals.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0