bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not exactly sure where to go with this thread.

Some time ago I was contemplating the 'mansions' that are being prepared for arrival to Heaven and I started to think about what I imagine they may look like. In Abraham's day, a mansion would conjure up an image much different than it would in Roman times, and again something far different in contemporary times. So I've resigned myself to the thought that the architecture might just be so far different than anything I'm capable of conceiving at the moment.

But then it occurred to me that no matter what age a 'mansion' has existed, they've all had the same basic element, rooms. For example, functional rooms, leisure rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms....

That's when it hit me...BATHROOMS? Will our glorified bodies require bowel movements at regular intervals just like our current bodies do? The Bible has examples of angels eating, manna is described as the food of the angels. Jesus, Himself, had a meal after the resurrection. Scripture talks about the trees of fruit, and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. It's obvious to me that food will be consumed. So, will we need bathrooms?

I'm very curious about your opinion on this subject because my imagination is running a bit wild for whatever reason. Such as, is there a restroom just down the hall from the Throne Room where Gabriel occasionally relieves himself. I simply don't know and for some reason I just can't let it go.

I'm asking a real question, seeking real opinions. I know this isn't some heavy-hitting topic so if that's what you're looking for then feel free to move on without comment. ;)

MrSnow

May 30, 2007
✟8,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since you said it's a serious question, I'll give you my serious answer. And that serious answer is . . . just don't think about it. Give your mind a break to think about something that IS revealed and that we CAN know. I know that's probably not the opinion that you were looking for.

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
There are also many references in the bible to the reward we will receive in heaven. One also gets the impression that there will be levels of leadership granted under the kingship of God.

So perhaps the poor guy from 1 Cor 3 who builds on the wrong foundation and looses everything except his salvation will be the one cleaning toilets.

Or what if in heaven we all can't serve one another enough and the most sought after position is the one cleaning the toilet?

Or even better - cleaning up after Jesus's white horse.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why we won't need bathrooms, seems likely we would. After all, we will have a body, albeit a glorified one, and bodies need to interact with the environment, eat, drink, eliminate...

If we went the road of some Greek teachings, we'd think all ophysical matter is evil and so we'd not want such things as food and bathroom business, but since we know as Christians that physical matter is not evil, but all things are redeemed by Christ, then why question the issue?

Maybe we find it hard because we feel uncomfortable, even ashamed, about certain things that have to be done in bathrooms, and some of us have malfunctions in that area too, which can make it uncomfortable, painful or life-restircting to cope with it all, but in heaven there will be perfectioj in it all. No shame or embarassment about our bodies or their functions, no fear, no pain, no indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea, irritbale bowel, cystitis, prstate diseas... all that gone, and bathrooms just a straightforward fact of life.

Just a thought.

Of course, we may find that God gives us bodies that overcome that basic natural need. But either way, it'll be ok, so no worries. :)

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and by the way, cleaning other people's bathrooms is part of my job down here, and I'm thinking a change of occupation might be good, but on the other hand I don't mind carrying on with it there. (Just remember to flush and don't drip on the seat though ok?! ;))

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and by the way, cleaning other people's bathrooms is part of my job down here, and I'm thinking a change of occupation might be good, but on the other hand I don't mind carrying on with it there. (Just remember to flush and don't drip on the seat though ok?! ;))

LOL!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that bathrooms will be our concern for we shall behold Him in all His glory, and when we see Him we shall be like Him.

When I think of heaven it's the glory that comes to my mind.

HEAVEN’S GLORY
Dear friend, I want to tell you a story,
Of a wonderful vision of Heaven’s glory,
And I looked and saw one with eyes on fire,
For seated on the throne was the one I desire.

He is the Alpha and Omega and the Ancient of Days,
And like the Apostle John I fall at His feet at one gaze,
Looking up I saw the wonderful beauty of His countenance,
His glory shining brightly like the sun’s radiance.

All around His throne the angels gather and sing,
And the twenty – four elders were gathered around,
"Worthy, worthy, O Lord, glory, honour and power” proclaiming,
From the throne lightnings, thunderings, and voices resound.

And all the angels with the saints throughout the ages will gather,
Singing praises in unity from every tribe and every nation together,
"Worthy ; Worthy; Worthy; Blessing and honour and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

When the rewards are handed out at the Bema Seat,
I stand there wishing I had given Him more,
For He had a purpose for me to fulfil I know,
And I realize that much of my life was lived in defeat.

The word said I would overcome by the blood of the Lamb,
And out of life’s trials He would bring peace and calm,
Yet I failed to move fully into all that He had for me,
Fear of man and the situation at hand was all I could see.

But He beckons to me saying “ I am well pleased”
And He rewards me with crowns and I am so blessed,
For He saw my heart and knew that He was my greatest treasure,
And He poured out His love on me without measure.

And my Saviour has prepared a beautiful mansion for me,
I am clothed in robes of righteousness as part of His bride you see,
For all of my sins are washed away forever from me,
And the wonder of His Glory and Majesty eternally I will see.

And then I’m dancing in the streets that are golden,
The wondrous glory of the Lord I am beholding,
Forever and forever His praises I will sing,
As I can now dance eternally with the King of Kings.

Irene McG 2008

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are also many references in the bible to the reward we will receive in heaven. One also gets the impression that there will be levels of leadership granted under the kingship of God.

So perhaps the poor guy from 1 Cor 3 who builds on the wrong foundation and looses everything except his salvation will be the one cleaning toilets.

Or what if in heaven we all can't serve one another enough and the most sought after position is the one cleaning the toilet?

My daughter already applied for that job - she wants to work the stables in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.