✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does the Bible Misquote Jesus?: http://youtu.be/5K-AOfj1Axg

I decided (against my better judgment) to watch the above debate. All I can say is....why?

Why does Bart Ehrman get so much support from the media, and other groups (including Muslims, atheists, and other anti-bible groups) when his arguments are so specious? In the above debate, he is flagrantly arrogant and dismissive towards Dr. White's points, yet offer nothing more than conjecture and assertions in response!

I understand why the world would look for people to support their desire to reject God and His word, but can't they do better than Ehrman? Watch the debate, tell me what you think!

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... I understand why the world would look for people to support their desire to reject God and His word, but can't they do better than Ehrman?
In bringing Jesus Christ to trial, in order to have Him crucified (a punishment reserved for the worst crimes against the Roman Empire,) the Jewish religious leaders of the day sought witnesses of His supposed blasphemies, but even the ones they found could not agree. (Mark14:56, Deut.19:15, Matt.18:16, II Cor.13:1) In the court of the world, as run by Pontius Pilate, they were not able to convince anyone of His guilt. (John18:38) They only threatened "civil unrest" as a motive for Pilate to "allow" Him to be crucified.

This was done, not only contrary to the laws of the Jews, it was done contrary to the laws of the worldly system of the Romans. Much gets by, and is considered "allowable" in the eyes of the law, but this was not even considered right by them. They only did this for reasons that had nothing to do with the guilt of The Accused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Does the Bible Misquote Jesus?: http://youtu.be/5K-AOfj1Axg

I decided (against my better judgment) to watch the above debate. All I can say is....why?

Why does Bart Ehrman get so much support from the media, and other groups (including Muslims, atheists, and other anti-bible groups) when his arguments are so specious? In the above debate, he is flagrantly arrogant and dismissive towards Dr. White's points, yet offer nothing more than conjecture and assertions in response!

I understand why the world would look for people to support their desire to reject God and His word, but can't they do better than Ehrman? Watch the debate, tell me what you think!

For unbelievers at least part of the reasoning is that they sincerely hope there is no God according to the Scriptures in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For unbelievers at least part of the reasoning is that they sincerely hope there is no God according to the Scriptures in Heaven.

That I completely understand, however, after listening to the above debate, I couldn't help but think "this guy is just using rehashed material, bald assertions, and insulting language as his arguments. How can people glom onto him as having any authority at all?"

Critique of Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" (Jam…: http://youtu.be/HdqPxAWGf7E

Upvote 0