Barack Obama’s Arafat blunder is an embarrassment for the leader of the free world

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Aha so you are Shinto and believe in the sun goddess amongst other divines including the Emperor I suppose.

I doubt there have ever been any writings concerning Amaterasu and her inclinations or lack of them towards Israel, so trying to affirm that she holds no special value in that desert land is perhaps a tad speculative.

The thing is that the G-d of the Bible has placed great importance on the land and its people, and much is recorded about them and their interaction as a people group and specific individuals all interacting with our Heavenly Father.

By the way, you were surely aware that Israel is now a very productive land, the Israelis have made the desert bloom and use technology that has helped farmers all over the world with specific water distribution and recycling methods.

Yes, i'm Shinto. I think, that you guys care too much about that desert. It appears stupid to waste life for that barren land. Why does your god want see people death over some desert? I would think an almighty god would solve that.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Might want to check yer facts on the Georgetown story. Georgetown itself says that it was to provide aneutral backdrop for apolicy speech similar to what they have donemany times before.

All Georgetown insignia are covered and simple flags and drapes are used. In this case the flags and drape were not high enought to cover all of the G town insignia and so that the cross and IHS on the top would not appear out of context the added the board.

But it reallyhelps build out the conspiracy theory if the facts are ignored.

I wonder why people marginalize each new outcry the right comes up with?

And the story has been debunked since April 2009.
Obama nixes Jesus? Of crosses and urban legends - Pontifications
I wonder why Rion is repeating it in March 2013? :scratch:

Upvote 0
C

Cardinal Carminative

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, i'm Shinto. I think, that you guys care too much about that desert. It appears stupid to waste life for that barren land. Why does your god want see people death over some desert? I would think an almighty god would solve that.

Lol...Did you not read that the Jews are turning the desert into the garden of Eden...you should have a visit it is quite remarkable.

G-d doesn't want people to die or fight over desert, but it is a sad fact that the Arabs don't like the Jews being in the land, and are trying every means to make Israel disappear (of course this will never happen because He will never allow it).

I believe Almighty G-d has everything in hand and although some things are difficult to understand, the answer certainly does not lie in the speculations of man...I mean who could imagine G-d sending His only Son Jesus to die on a cross in order that we might be redeemed, saved from our sinful nature and given eternal life...doesn't make sense in mans eyes, but those are the facts.

Romans 5:
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

He died for Shintoists so they might know the living G-d.

Upvote 0

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Lol...Did you not read that the Jews are turning the desert into the garden of Eden...you should have a visit it is quite remarkable.

G-d doesn't want people to die or fight over desert, but it is a sad fact that the Arabs don't like the Jews being in the land, and are trying every means to make Israel disappear (of course this will never happen because He will never allow it).

I believe Almighty G-d has everything in hand and although some things are difficult to understand, the answer certainly does not lie in the speculations of man...I mean who could imagine G-d sending His only Son Jesus to die on a cross in order that we might be redeemed, saved from our sinful nature and given eternal life...doesn't make sense in mans eyes, but those are the facts.

Romans 5:
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

He died for Shintoists so they might know the living G-d.

I must only look to the sky to see my goddess. She does not need to kill someone. I must disappoint you. Christianity is too far from our culture. So don´t try to "convert" me. It won´t work.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel on other side is home of...sand. There is nothing.

Do tell?

lemon-grove-galilee-israeli-desert-wikipedia.jpg

Jaffa-orange-grove.png

pd1754047.jpg

5608470_f496.jpg

israel06.49.jpg

2009-09-11_israel_trail_026-part.jpg

00SQN8-109333584.JPG

120415798840m6SN.jpg

08030350.jpg

Yep, by golly, I guess you're right----there's nothing there. Just sand.

^This, from the same guy who said this:

i respect you and your believes and i would be happy if you respect our culture as well. It is highly insulting if you believe that your "creator god" has more value than our gods.

So which is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I must only look to the sky to see my goddess. She does not need to kill someone. I must disappoint you. Christianity is too far from our culture. So don´t try to "convert" me. It won´t work.

Well I for one need something much more substantial in my life than a pie in the sky religion...I want reality...I need to know that my sins are forgiven, I need to understand that G-d has a purpose for my life, I need to know Him and understand His ways. Not some philosophy, not another religion but to know G-d to know the Truth.

I don't try to convert anyone...I am one beggar trying to show another beggar where I found bread.

Besides many people, including myself, have been very antagonostic and sceptical towards Christianity and the claims of Jesus, only to have such a life changing encounter that all out arguments were like dandelion parachutes blown away by a gust of wind...you too are vulnerable to G-d even though wrapped in the kimono of Shintoism, He has a way of getting through the barriers, even our religious ones. :thumbsup:

Ps. I liked those picture of that desert land that were put up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Most Christians do not hold that kind of ethnocentric view of our fellow human beings.
It is part of our Christian upbringing I guess, that we do not tend to write off anyone as 'not worth the effort".

I think its a different world view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think its a different world view.
Yes.
It is.
The Christian world view leads to a state of repentance for treating others as lesser beings "not worth the effort".

Your world view allows for no such repentance.

Upvote 0

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes.
It is.
The Christian world view leads to a state of repentance for treating others as lesser beings "not worth the effort".

Your world view allows for no such repentance.

The good thing about humanity is, that we have all that different cultures. Yours and ours.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

Just incidentally, Akira, many Christians don't have this ridiculous view of Israel that you see so often on this forum. The religious belief that the modern state of Israel is divinely chosen by God and that Christians are obligated to support it politically without question isn't a historical tenet of Christianity and is primarily an American thing.

There are a lot of Americans on this forum, so you see a lot of cheerleading for them no matter what they do. I agree that it's kind of absurd.

Oh, and with all the comments on Israeli terrain, we might also keep in mind that significant portions of that land are illegally occupied and aren't truly Israeli at all.

Upvote 0

AkiraYamato

May 10, 2008
Kyoto/Japan
✟2,512.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Just incidentally, Akira, many Christians don't have this ridiculous view of Israel that you see so often on this forum. The religious belief that the modern state of Israel is divinely chosen by God and that Christians are obligated to support it politically without question isn't a historical tenet of Christianity and is primarily an American thing.

There are a lot of Americans on this forum, so you see a lot of cheerleading for them no matter what they do. I agree that it's kind of absurd.

Oh, and with all the comments on Israeli terrain, we might also keep in mind that significant portions of that land are illegally occupied and aren't truly Israeli at all.

I thought so, since most christians globally are against the apartheid regime in israel and active demonstrate against it. I see it that way, that Israel serves USA as tool in the middle east. Divide et Impera. Israel creates a constant state of conflict and weakens the regional powers. From that, american interests are served. To hold large parts of the american public in line, that religious "connection" was spread. Thats my idea about that.

Upvote 0