JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like lots of what I read in the 39 articles of the church of England. However, when I have talked to actual Episcopalians (that's what the church of England became in America) I find that they don't take the 39 articles seriously at all. They are so liberal they don't seem to believe much of anything. So all I am saying is that even if you read their creeds, the actual people are nowadays so liberal that they don't really take their own doctrine serioulsly. But regarding the Baptism question, take Deacon Dean's suggestion and read the Carroll article.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I like lots of what I read in the 39 articles of the church of England. However, when I have talked to actual Episcopalians (that's what the church of England became in America) I find that they don't take the 39 articles seriously at all. They are so liberal they don't seem to believe much of anything. So all I am saying is that even if you read their creeds, the actual people are nowadays so liberal that they don't really take their own doctrine serioulsly. But regarding the Baptism question, take Deacon Dean's suggestion and read the Carroll article.

Exactly.

That is why I left the Anglican church and refused to be authorized as a layreader by the Bishop.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0