Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What does everyone think about this, investing in baptist churches and property? Is this a good thing to do as well as donations?

Do other denoms have their own savings accounts etc?
http://baptistsavings.co.nz/index.php
If the rate of return is as good or better than any where else, it would be a good investment, with secure legal documents.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I went to a Baptist church in Wilmington NC in the 80's for a while and they had a program where your tithes were put into stock investments and you could share a % of returns on investments with the church after two years but I just turned it all over to the church .. I don't exactly remember how it worked but it acted kinda/sorta like a retirement account for you and the church .. Preacher was a good guy ..

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
you just turned it all over to the church? You didn't need the savings?

I suppose things like these don't come in with a money back guarantee - but it is your money they are playing with (or buying property, church buildings with). Did you see ROI in terms of churches being built and other facilities?

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you just turned it all over to the church? You didn't need the savings?

I suppose things like these don't come in with a money back guarantee - but it is your money they are playing with (or buying property, church buildings with). Did you see ROI in terms of churches being built and other facilities?

As I remember it was a program to help save and help the church too , like an IRA , at the time I had no concern about growing older or saving .. I just thought it was a novel idea , I signed it over because I wanted to , I think I'm still being blessed from it .. No regrets what so ever .. I think the church had exclusive use for three or four years then I could cash it out from then on .. They did indeed double the size of the church when I was there ..

Upvote 0