New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm any comments, likes?
Well I just want to say that it used to be a newspaper but they changed it into a glossy magazine and then put it online as well.

I think they lost the opportunity to be evangelistic and its more self congratulatory church paper than a real GOOD NEWSpaper.

Also they got rid of the letters page that used to be a regualr feature, and now it just seems like a magazine for church leaders i.e only those ordained or as clergy people. Its become more academic and I dont know if I like it, although some articles are interesting and challenging.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Isn't that a fundamentalist christian newspaper?
I think I have seen it, but it seems only for americans. I like that they use KJV, but sometimes I think they go overboard IMHO.

I'm kinda annoyed that baptist magazine seems to always like quoting from the Message bible these days, as if it's trying to be 'hip'.

Any other baptists publications that you know about?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There used to be a christian newspaper called Challenge Weekly in nz. I think it was non denominational, but it ceased publication about a year ago.

Then another started up called christian life, I think. They were freely given out at christian bookstores. However the mega churches tend to advertise in that one and its not really a church paper...its kinda of a free for all.

The only other one I know is NZ christian writers, but thats more of a journal than a magazine.

When the baptist mag used to be a paper it had births, deaths, marriages and baptisms.,it had letters and obituaries, and church reports around the country, testimonies, missions, etc. it wasnt just articles about church leaders or navel gazing ones, like 'what is baptist identity?!'it was about what was going on in all the different baptist churches and encouraging articles about faith in action.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There used to be a christian newspaper called Challenge Weekly in nz. I think it was non denominational, but it ceased publication about a year ago.

Then another started up called christian life, I think. They were freely given out at christian bookstores. However the mega churches tend to advertise in that one and its not really a church paper...its kinda of a free for all.

The only other one I know is NZ christian writers, but thats more of a journal than a magazine.

When the baptist mag used to be a paper it had births, deaths, marriages and baptisms.,it had letters and obituaries, and church reports around the country, testimonies, missions, etc. it wasnt just articles about church leaders or navel gazing ones, like 'what is baptist identity?!'it was about what was going on in all the different baptist churches and encouraging articles about faith in action.

There is an interdenominational evangelical newspaper in Australia that is available free online: New Life: Australia's Christian newspaper. Many of the news items are Australian in orientation and deal with Christian issues from Down Under.

Oz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums