Baphomet Prince of this World?

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Baphomet

Baphomet (/ˈbæfɵmɛt/; from Medieval Latin Baphometh, Baffometi, Occitan Bafometz) is a term originally used to describe an idol or other deity that the Knights Templar were accused of worshiping, and that subsequently was incorporated into disparate occult and mystical traditions. It appeared as a term for a pagan idol in trial transcripts of the Inquisition of the Knights Templar in the early 14th century.[1] The name first came into popular English usage in the 19th century, with debate and speculation on the reasons for the suppression of the Templars.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

Isaiah 14:3-5 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3 And it hath come to pass, In the day of Jehovah's giving rest to thee, From thy grief, and from thy trouble, And from the sharp bondage, That hath been served upon thee,

4 That thou hast taken up this simile Concerning the king of Babylon, and said, How hath the exactor ceased,

5 Ceased hath the golden one. Broken hath Jehovah the staff of the wicked, The sceptre of rulers.

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
I have never studied this so will be unable to contribute.

Those given the inspiration by the spirit to study the Baphomet will be richly rewarded with revelation that can deliver from Captivity.

The Beast or Universal Life Force?

Revelation 13:18 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

18 Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Is it true to say, as some assert, that the meaning of the Baphomet is in the eye of the beholder?

What do you think is going on here?

"...Some scholars believe "Baphometh" was simply a corruption of "Mahomet" - the Prophet Muhammad...."

_84623719_619a5913.jpg

Decoding the symbols on Satan's statue

A controversial statue unveiled by the Satanic Temple at a secret ceremony in Detroit has attracted protests. But who is the goat-headed figure? And what do the elements of the statue symbolise?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33682878

Ecclesiastes 12:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Romans 2:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Groups throughout history who have used depictions of Baphomet in their rituals include but are not limited to Islamic mystics, the Knights Templar, Kabbalah, Roman pagans, Greek pagans, Druids, witches (both Wiccans and black witches), satanists, and Freemasons.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Groups throughout history who have used depictions of Baphomet in their rituals include but are not limited to Islamic mystics, the Knights Templar, Kabbalah, Roman pagans, Greek pagans, Druids, witches (both Wiccans and black witches), satanists, and Freemasons.

Are these groups throughout the ages using the depiction or worshipping the Baphomet?

If they are worshiping the Baphomet than can we not assume that this entity provides the worshippers with natural Power?

Is it possible that Baphomet is being used only for Power and is not an object of worship for groups that understand the entity?

Worship

From an Hebraic perspective worship, or shehhah is the act of getting down on ones knees and placing the face down on the ground before another worthy of respect.

Revelation 13:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
is this a prank ?

"...Some scholars believe "Baphometh" was simply a corruption of "Mahomet" - the Prophet Muhammad...."

_84623719_619a5913.jpg

The origin of the NAME of the figure is actually unconnected to the figure itself.

Visually the motif and style looks Hellenic, or Hellenized Egyptiac/Mesopotamian in nature. Certainly no correlation to the Islamic culture, aesthetic or religion. It even has the intersectng Caduceus symbol, a Greco-Roman symbol, not Arabic.

To be honest, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more Western motif and style-expression than is evident here.

It is just a more elaborate Pan.

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And you know this....how?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
is this a prank ?

The origin of the NAME of the figure is actually unconnected to the figure itself.

Visually the motif and style looks Hellenic, or Hellenized Egyptiac/Mesopotamian in nature. Certainly no correlation to the Islamic culture, aesthetic or religion. It even has the intersectng Caduceus symbol, a Greco-Roman symbol, not Arabic.

To be honest, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more Western motif and style-expression than is evident here.

It is just a more elaborate Pan.

If just an elaborate Pan, what is the meaning of those elaborations?

Is it true to say, as some assert, that the meaning of the Baphomet is in the eye of the beholder?

Muhammad (name)

"...The name Muḥammad is the strictest and primary transliteration[citation needed] of the Arabic given name, محمد, that comes from the Arabic passive participle and triconsonantal root of Ḥ-M-D (Praise); hence Praised, or praiseworthy...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_(name)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Symbols mean what you want them to mean. Humans ascribe meaning to symbols they invent and use. One man's Star of David is another man's occult symbol.
And with the exception of the Wiccans, every group mentioned in that post predates the use of the inverted pentacle (as shown in the Baphomet picture) by Satanists.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And with the exception of the Wiccans, every group mentioned in that post predates the use of the inverted pentacle (as shown in the Baphomet picture) by Satanists.

Accuracy is not the mark of these forums. :) Arguably hype might be.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If just an elaborate Pan, what is the meaning of those elaborations?

Pan is Pan. A Hellenic deity associated with shepherds and fertility and, incidentally, pranks.
The Caduceus is the Caduceus. A Hellenic symbol, with various associations, including traffick of goods.

You're making it more complex than it needs to be. Alot of different cultures have the motif of theriomorphs, humans with animal heads, animals with human heads, etc. To understand what a given culture means to express by a given symbol, just study that culture. If you really want the knowledge, don't just ask random strangers on the internet. The best they can do is point you to a place where you might get whatever information they think may interest you.

Many Hellenic symbols may have originated in Egypt or Mesopotamia, but the concept of a theriomorph or similar entity is quite common throughut the globe. Two or more cultures could hypothetically invent such symbols, completely independently of one another.

As for what the modern sub-sub-sub-culture of the "occultists" mean to indicate through this: they probably just feel like insulting Christianity. This is the statue equivalent of a black metal album or goth blog post. Nothing strange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith

That is why it is important to study the elements of Baphomet with the guidance of the spirit and not just spread second-hand interpretations.

What do you see?

Genesis 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That is why it is important to study the elements of Baphomet with the guidance of the spirit and not just spread second-hand interpretations.

What do you see?

Genesis 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Ah-ha!

Mohammed was a satyr, and his dad was an angel.

CONFIRMED !

Now, off to make an hour-long Youtube video about this.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Scripture mentions what is important to know...

Amen!!!

The Spirit of Jehovah/Yahweh judgeth what is important to know.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Romans 2:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith

And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times - Inspirational Hymns

And did those feet in ancient time

Blake's poem

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_did_those_feet_in_ancient_time#.22Dark_Satanic_Mills.22

Upvote 0