Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Banned From Talk Jesus For Posting "inappropriate Content"

Talk Jesus is a dispensationalist forum, similar to the Rapture Ready forum on the Internet. On March 20, 2009 a guy posted on Talk Jesus an exposure of the practices of Rapture Ready, called "Beware of Rapture Ready Forum." He said that Rapture Ready banned people because they disagreed with the dispensationalist positions of its moderators. Now, Talk Jesus is also threatening to censor, censoring, and banning members for making statements which disagree with the dispensationalist positions of the moderators. About a month ago they banned a guy who tended to agree with my posts.

If Talk Jesus were to openly state in its rules which anyone can find and read who is interested in joining the forum that Talk Jesus does not allow criticism of dispensationalism and does not allow mention of certain individuals, that would discourage many from joining. On the other hand, if Talk Jesus does not do that, then censoring posts critical of dispensationalism is dishonest.- and not a good idea for growing membership.

"Your message (Isaiah 3: 1-12, II Peter 2: 6 and Jude 1: 7 Applied To the USA - July of 2015) contains inappropriate content:"
tulsa 2011

I have seen dispensationalists pull verses 1 and 2 out of Romans 11:1-5 and claim these verses prove that Old Covenant Israel was not done away with. But Romans 11: 1-5 should be read as one text on the remnant of Old Covenant Israel brought into whatever you want to call it, the Israel of God, Israel born again in Christ, or the Body of Christ. In verses 3-4 Paul gets into the remnant of Old Covenant Israel in citing I Kings 19:14-18, where Elijah said to God that he, Elijah, was the only faithful one left, but God told him that he had seven thousand who had not bowed their knees to Baal. This seven thousand was the remnant then. Then in verse 5 Paul states that at that time there was a remnant according to the election of grace. This is the remnant of Old Covenant Israel in which God began his plan of redemption again. But this was not just a restoration of the Old Covenant as happened when Zerubbabel, Nehemiah and Ezra led a remnant back to Jerusalem from the captivity in Babylon to rebuild the wall and the temple and restore Old Covenant Israel. The remnant Paul refers to in Romans 11: 5 was the remnant which were the beginnings of a spiritual transformation of Israel. Hosea 2: 23 predicts the Gentiles would be brought into Israel and Haggai 2: 9 says "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former....." Where is this in dispensationalism?

http://www.talkjesus.com/

"Talk Jesus a friendly worldwide community

You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations"

"5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. .....7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith."

II Timothy 3: 5, 7-8.....The II Timothy 3 church resists the truth.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

The false prophets and their followers bring in damnable heresies, or false doctrines, and speak evil of the way of truth.

Last edited:

northwye

northwye
Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The text quoted above came about when someone on that forum asked me to explain my position on Romans 11: 1-5, because I had said this on the thread about Isaiah 3: 1-12, II Peter 2: 6 and Jude 1: 7, "Dispensationalism cannot accept this set of scriptures - Romans 9: 6, Romans 11: 1-5, Romans 11: 17-20, I Corinthians 10; 18, Ephesians 2: 11-19, John 10: 16, Romans 12; 4-5. Ephesians 4: 4 and Galatians 3: 3, 3,16, 26-29. The agreement among these texts contradicts the foundations of dispensationalism, that God now has two peoples, Old Covenant Israel and the Capital C Church, that the multitude of Old Covenant Israel are still the chosen people by virtue of their bloodline, and that a consistent literal method of interpretation must be used."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't assume all dispensationalists believe the same thing. There are ways how God dispensed His blessing before Jesus came, and now there are ways He dispenses which, I understand, are different than how and what He dispensed before Jesus came to this earth in flesh and blood and died for us and rose again.

But as people get into details, they can split hairs and pick and choose between groups, about certain ideas. But is this where our attention belongs?

There is not only false teaching, but false attraction of our attention!

We need to make sure our attention is obeying God.

For example, our Apostle Paul says what to do, "first of all" >

"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

Upvote 0

northwye

northwye
Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its not hard to define the basics of what is called dispensationalism. Just find quotes by its founders - John Darby, C.I. Scofield and Lewis C. Chafer. And then compare these basic starting positions with relevant New Testament scripture.

Although the idea that God rotates Old Covenant Israel and the Church does deal with dispensations, the fundamental positions of this theology is that God now has two peoples, Old Covenant Israel and the Church, and that scripture must be interpreted by consistent literalism.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its not hard to define the basics of what is called dispensationalism. Just find quotes by its founders - John Darby, C.I. Scofield and Lewis C. Chafer. And then compare these basic starting positions with relevant New Testament scripture.

Although the idea that God rotates Old Covenant Israel and the Church does deal with dispensations, the fundamental positions of this theology is that God now has two peoples, Old Covenant Israel and the Church, and that scripture must be interpreted by consistent literalism.
Well, I think the Bible says something like that, but not necessarily the exact same.

After all, the flesh and blood Jews without Christ still get special attention, including in Paul's writings; however, I do understand that we the church are the "New Jerusalem" named in Revelation chapter 21. So, they are maybe His flesh and blood chosen people, in history, but this is not saying much in comparison to being His children who are perfected in His love >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

The Jews can not say they are perfected in God's love. But this clearly says that we are "as He is" "in this world" > not later but now.

And I suspect that there is too much attention going to when the Rapture will be, instead of to how to become prepared by His love being "perfected among us", and how to become pleasing to our Father, including >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

Anyone can point out how others are wrong, but we need to get into all that is right; so I think this is where our attention belongs, first.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there some reasion your talkjesus.com link is going through viglink.com?

Code:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_143714401882111&key=da53d7416ed606366eff5a3c28e0b6bb&libId=ic7qbgbj01010mgr000DAgn05g2uy&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianforums.com%2Fthreads%2Fbanned-from-talk-jesus-for-posting-inappropriate-content.7897935%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2Fl.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.talkjesus.com%252F%26h%3DAAQGLx5s-%26enc%3DAZORh2YXYq8ZsafXSc8lSQy-IZvd-UrO4ecJyEyC86PNNQAvENjdQcaLqv88c9cktCeZaccH_ChTDj6nY_Ci6TLgE0esCptc0yN6tubMwtDRPDyeHcTMJl_WubxVeJv1k0on8-8fy5VNpAI4Lk_pxgZ3Kj_TVGsyixYJUoOpFGEBbg%26s%3D1&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianforums.com%2Ffind-new%2F365341%2Fposts&title=Banned%20From%20Talk%20Jesus%20For%20Posting%20%22inappropriate%20Content%22%20%7C%20Christian%20Forums&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talkjesus.com%2F

Upvote 0

northwye

northwye
Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
".....although the fruits of the Spirit are “righteousness, and peace, and joy” (Romans 14:17), the fruits of the Cult That Kidnapped Christianity are Disinformation, Subterfuge, and Political Coercion. " James Lloyd July 17, 2015

Dispensationalism is the cult that kidnapped Christianity. See The Kingdom of the Cults,1965, by Walter Martin. Martin tells you how to identify a cult, though he does not discuss dispensationalism as a cult in his book. Cults try harder to control their members than do churches which have not been taken over by the dispensationalism. Dispensationalist leaders - preachers or the administration of Christian forums - do not usually try to control the personal lives of their members. But dispensationalist cult leaders may demand submission to their doctrines and tolerate no dissent.

See: http://www.letusreason.org/culteac.htm........"The methods of control which are used; usually FEAR of displeasing God, the leader, or both. Fear of rejection, punishment, losing ones salvation, missing the rapture, going to hell. Guilt, Fear, intimidation are Weapons used to maintain their loyalty and devotion to the group."

"Intimidation and accusation are the most often used. For example, any questioning of authority is treated as rebellion, and not trusting."................."An "US AGAINST THEM" ATTITUDE AND PHILOSOPHY: Anyone who challenges the cult's doctrine is automatically branded as an enemy which is usually anyone who disagrees."........."The unspoken rule may come across like this: Do not disagree with the church authorities -- especially the pastor or your spirituality and loyalty will be questioned."

More from http://www.letusreason.org/culteac.htm.............."LEADERS HAVE A PRIDEFUL UNTEACHABLE SPIRIT: The attitude that "no one can Judge me or tell me what to do" is fostered by pride the leader is in deception and promotes deception to the followers. The leader becomes untouchable by anyone."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

northwye

northwye
Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would people who claim to be Christians - the dispensationalists - make such an issue about Old Covenant Israel somehow remaining now as the chosen people of God? What is the reason, the motivation, for such a strong focus upon Old Covenant israel?

Should not our focus be more upon having Christ in us? ""My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you," Galatians 4: 19

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:"Philippians2: 5

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"Colossians 1: 26-17

But no, the dispensationalists are focused on Old Covenant Israel.

John Hagee has made John 4: 22 stand out in his promotion of Christian Zionism, which is a more extreme form of dispensationalism. The text says "...we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews."

Salvation is from Jesus Christ, not from men. What Christ means in John 4: 22 is that those of Old Covenant Israel, of the bloodline from Abraham, were first made aware of salvation and salvation was first offered to them when Christ appeared ("I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.") Matthew 15: 24 Genesis 49: 18 says " I have waited for thy salvation, O Lord.

The Jews do not possess salvation and are able to give it to those who are not Jews. The rabbis do teach that "he" in isaiah 53 is not Jesus Christ but the people of Old Covenant Israel, or now of Talmudic Judaism.

And having been taught that the people of Old Covenant Israel are now the chosen people of God, the followers of dispensationalism believe that the promises to Abraham in Genesis 17: 4-11 apply literally, and only to the physical bloodline from Abraham through Issac and Jacob, and these promises apply forever. For dispensationalists those in Talmudic Judaism are of the bloodline and therefore are the chosen people. Dispensationalists appear not to understand and/or accept what Paul says in Galatians 3: 16, "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds,as of many,; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

Then Paul goes on in Galatians 3: 26-29 to say ""For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. "27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

The more literalist minded dispensationalists do not understand this, that Paul is saying that the promise to Abraham in Genesis 17 about the seed of Abraham being fruitful, as God said to him in Genesis 17: 2, "And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly." In Verse 4 God says he will make Abraham a father of man nations, or of many peoples. The promise began with the physical seed of Abraham, but the ultimate promise was that Abraham's spiritual seed would be exceedingly large, or that many would become his spiritual seed through Christ Jesus. This is the way Abraham becomes the spiritual father of many peoples.

Paul does not say in an explicit way - as a high school textbook might be explicit in teaching - that in Christ the physical seed from Abraham became the spiritual seed from Abraham, which means that no one now is a member of the chosen people of God by virtue of his physical DNA from Abraham.

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19: 5-6

Peter quoted parts of Exodus 19: 5-6 in I Peter 2: 9, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

In I Peter 2: 9 the Christians became the chosen people - chosen generation - and a kingdom of priests, a holy nation of holy people a peculiar treasure.

In Hebrews 10: 9 it says "He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." The Old Covenant was taken away so that Christ could establish the New Covenant. You cannot have the Old Covenant still being in place when the New Covenant has been established. "The glory of this latter house shall be greater that of the former, saith the Lord of hosts..." Haggai 2: 9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
".....although the fruits of the Spirit are “righteousness, and peace, and joy” (Romans 14:17), the fruits of the Cult That Kidnapped Christianity are Disinformation, Subterfuge, and Political Coercion. " James Lloyd July 17, 2015

Dispensationalism is the cult that kidnapped Christianity. See The Kingdom of the Cults,1965, by Walter Martin. Martin tells you how to identify a cult, though he does not discuss dispensationalism as a cult in his book. Cults try harder to control their members than do churches which have not been taken over by the dispensationalism. Dispensationalist leaders - preachers or the administration of Christian forums - do not usually try to control the personal lives of their members. But dispensationalist cult leaders may demand submission to their doctrines and tolerate no dissent.

See: http://www.letusreason.org/culteac.htm........"The methods of control which are used; usually FEAR of displeasing God, the leader, or both. Fear of rejection, punishment, losing ones salvation, missing the rapture, going to hell. Guilt, Fear, intimidation are Weapons used to maintain their loyalty and devotion to the group."

"Intimidation and accusation are the most often used. For example, any questioning of authority is treated as rebellion, and not trusting."................."An "US AGAINST THEM" ATTITUDE AND PHILOSOPHY: Anyone who challenges the cult's doctrine is automatically branded as an enemy which is usually anyone who disagrees."........."The unspoken rule may come across like this: Do not disagree with the church authorities -- especially the pastor or your spirituality and loyalty will be questioned."

More from http://www.letusreason.org/culteac.htm.............."LEADERS HAVE A PRIDEFUL UNTEACHABLE SPIRIT: The attitude that "no one can Judge me or tell me what to do" is fostered by pride the leader is in deception and promotes deception to the followers. The leader becomes untouchable by anyone."

Not to be argumentative I know this thread is about Dispensationalism but I find this post very interesting and falls hand in hand with my beliefs. Isn't this stating EXACTLY what the Catholic Church does? There is also scripture referencing Satan demanding Peter and the other believers in Luke 22:31. I don't mean to hijack this thread but I do believe in false doctrines and them being used to take ficus from GOD and the TRUE message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I recall getting banned from another christian forum in the past that marketed itself as "friendly christian forum" but it was really a friendly christian forum for people subscribing to a narrow scripture oriented thesis. Some forums are really small in that they don't allow room for lots of other opinions on interpreting the scriptures . and it is impossible to post without the mod dictators from butting in on every conversation . I don't mind not lasting in places like that, less hassle, we're called to peace as Paul said.

Upvote 0

northwye

northwye
Aug 8, 2011
Ol Misery
✟16,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Remember that Talk Jesus banned me, supposedly, for posting a thread called "Isaiah 3: 1-5, II Peter 2:6 and Jude 1: 7. "Your message (Isaiah 3: 1-12, II Peter 2: 6 and Jude 1: 7 Applied To the USA - July of 2015) contains inappropriate content:"

On the thread I had listed some scriptures that dispensationalism does not like, and contradicts, including Romans 11: 1-5. A dispensationalist on that forum then asked me to explain what I meant on Romans 11: 1-5. I answered in saying that some dispensationalists "pull verses 1 and 2 out of Romans 11:1-5 and claim these verses prove that Old Covenant Israel was not done away with. But Romans 11: 1-5 should be read as one text on the remnant of Old Covenant Israel brought into whatever you want to call it, the Israel of God, Israel born again in Christ, or the Body of Christ."

Isaiah 3: 1-5 says "For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water, 2. The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient, 3. The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counseller, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. 4. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. 5. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable."

Isaiah brings spiritual life and the literalist mind set of the dispensationalists can understand only life in the flesh. They are in tune with the Zeitgeist or spirit of 2015 and if you are in their domain you either conform to their strong delusions or you are silenced, booted out, at least for now. II Thessalonians 2: 10-11 says "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

The spirit or Zeitgeist of 2015 says that everyone must conform to the attitudes and behavior prescribed by the politically correct leftist totalitarian elite, or be silenced. The attitude of the dispensationalist moderators there is that "we have the authority to enforce our theologically correct doctrines, and if you do not conform to our doctrines, you will be silenced on the forum, booted out.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Paul does say that in Jesus "There is neither Jew nor Greek" > in Galatians 3:28. So, if a Jewish person becomes a child of God, the person is no longer really a Jew, because in us we are new creatures, and members of Jesus.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

But Paul also says there are the Jews who are under the Law, and therefore under the curse. So, there is that Old Covenant Israel, I consider, meaning flesh and blood Jews who still are under the curse of the law > Galatians 3:10-14. They substitute the Law for Jesus; so they have a substitution theology. But the Law is no substitute for their Messiah Jesus!

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,282.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Northwye in post #9:

<< John Hagee has made John 4: 22 stand out in his promotion of Christian Zionism, which is a more extreme form of dispensationalism. The text says "...we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." >>

North,

I am critical of Dispensationalism and I am also critical of John Hagee. I will have to say that you are being too harsh on Christian Zionism.

I recommend this article.

Christian Zionism: The Antidote for the World's Oldest Hatred

As IRD President Mark Tooley pointed out, “Contrary to common critique, Christian Zionism is not a modern political movement, popularized by Left Behind fiction — it dates to the early Church Fathers.”

End quote

Link:

http://www.newenglishreview.org/Tri...:_The_Antidote_for_the_World's_Oldest_Hatred/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums