Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Baltimore police opened fire on a 13-year-old boy on Wednesday, leaving the teen with non life-threatening injuries after he was seen with what officers believed to be a handgun, PEOPLE confirms.

In a statement on Facebook, Baltimore PD, clarified that the gun was actually fake, but was an exact replica of a semi-automatic pistol.

No officers were injured in the incident.

http://www.people.com/article/13-year-old-carrying-replica-gun-shot-baltimore-police

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It does look exactly like a Beretta 92FS. If that's the replica in the pic, I can't tell any difference, and I've shot that particular model a few times. Also…I thought replica guns were not a thing anymore. When did that become a thing again?

Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The only way to stop a bad 13 year old with a BB gun is with a good 13 year old withba BB gun.

Or a hail of police bullets, i guess.
Let me guess, your one of the folks who can id a replica gun from 30 feet right?

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
It does look exactly like a Beretta 92FS. If that's the replica in the pic, I can't tell any difference, and I've shot that particular model a few times. Also…I thought replica guns were not a thing anymore. When did that become a thing again?

I own a Beretta 92 in 40cal.. You could place that bb gun in my left hand and I wouldn't know the difference without looking at it closer.

I also own a co2 powered bb gun.. While its a revolver type, its all metal and you wouldn't know it was a bb gun unless you inspected it. It looks like a real gun, and feels like a real gun in your hand.

It's a bb gun, his mom knew he was leaving the house with it. CPS needs to be called.
That's a bit understated. She needs to be charged with child endangerment, and some other charge for contributing to the death of a minor. I'm thinking at least 3 - 5 years in prison.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let me guess, your one of the folks who can id a replica gun from 30 feet right?
I'm one of the folks who lives in a country not so saturated with firearms that the police don't shoot children because they had a cap gun.

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I'm one of the folks who lives in a country not so saturated with firearms that the police don't shoot children with cap guns.

You're a bit off there.. Your implication that the saturation of guns is the reason for this is inaccurate.

I live out in the country.. Surrounded by corn fields, my property is about 1/4 mile long.. If a 13 year old kid was walking around here with a gun, our cops would never shoot him.. not a chance.

What you're seeing and reading in the news about guns in America is, more specifically, guns in the inner city slums where low income people and violent criminals live in close proximity.. where high population density results in lots of crime and cops that get shot at or disrespected routinely.

Come out to the countryside where everyone has a gun and goes outside and shoots regularly, and cops don't make a big deal out of it.. In fact, where I live, if a cop saw a kid walking down the road with a rifle, he'd probably stop and ask the kid what he was hunting and if he bagged anything yet. Then wish him good luck and be on his way.. (if he even stopped at all)..

More interestingly, I would like to get an answer to the race card.. It would be fascinating to see how many incidents that are similar in nature that have taken place between cops and black kids and cops and white kids.
The problem with that question is that you don't find a lot of white kids running around in the inner city slums and using white kids from the countryside isn't a fair comparison.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're a bit off there.. Your implication that the saturation of guns is the reason for this is inaccurate.

I live out in the country.. Surrounded by corn fields, my property is about 1/4 mile long.. If a 13 year old kid was walking around here with a gun, our cops would never shoot him.. not a chance.

What you're seeing and reading in the news about guns in America is, more specifically, guns in the inner city slums where low income people and violent criminals live in close proximity.. where high population density results in lots of crime and cops that get shot at or disrespected routinely.

Come out to the countryside where everyone has a gun and goes outside and shoots regularly, and cops don't make a big deal out of it.. In fact, where I live, if a cop saw a kid walking down the road with a rifle, he'd probably stop and ask the kid what he was hunting and if he bagged anything yet. Then wish him good luck and be on his way.. (if he even stopped at all)..

More interestingly, I would like to get an answer to the race card.. It would be fascinating to see how many incidents that are similar in nature that have taken place between cops and black kids and cops and white kids.
The problem with that question is that you don't find a lot of white kids running around in the inner city slums and using white kids from the countryside isn't a fair comparison.
It's not a problem in our inner cities. Oddly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to explore this.. My prediction is that it will be related to either race, density, or gun control, or a combination of.
What country are you in?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Australia.

The population densities of Australia are not even half what they are in the USA.. Check the density per city and then look at the USA's major cities. (you'll have to convert from square kilometers to square miles)

The simple fact is, the higher the density, the more problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That's a bit understated. She needs to be charged with child endangerment, and some other charge for contributing to the death of a minor. I'm thinking at least 3 - 5 years in prison.
But he didn't die?

And what's the exact critical mass of population density before you achieve USA (unreasonable state of alert)?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I'd like to see a racial breakdown, too.

Of the colour of those who go on killing sprees and those people the police shoot.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'd like to explore this.. My prediction is that it will be related to either race, density, or gun control, or a combination of.
What country are you in?

I'm in the UK and we have a very dense multi ethnic population with areas of depravity and the economically disadvantaged.

Does your prediction only work in America?

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm one of the folks who lives in a country not so saturated with firearms that the police don't shoot children because they had a cap gun.
You're also one of those folks who doesn't know the difference between a cap gun and a bb gun apparently.

Upvote 0