1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad Break-up! Need scriptures to comfort and give direction!

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by whiterthansnow, Jan 16, 2006.

1. whiterthansnow

whiterthansnow New Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I just found out that my dad broke up with his girlfriend of 11 and a half years. She is absolutely distraught and devastated and in total shock, etc. He is apparently seeing someone new who is much younger.

I am going to visit my dad's ex-girlfriend (who has been like a mother to me) this afternoon and would like to share with her some scripture that will speak to her heart and comfort her, as well as show her value and identity in Christ.

Please reply with pertinent scriptures that come to mind so that I can compile a good list to start with. And pray for her and me, as I'm not sure where she stands with her faith.

Thanks so much!
    -heather :)

2. BOJAX

BOJAX Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    CA-Greens
    Faith:
    Christian
    (1 John 4:7-21)

I would explain to her about how fickle people are, but that God is everlasting. God doesn't leave but people do because they are fickle. Also, it is important that you explain to her that you dad did not love her. Show her (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) and aks her if your dads actions lined up with that passage.

But remember, you are NOT there to tell her what she wants to hear, you are there to tell her what she NEEDS TO KNOW.

3. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    many times understanding brings the greatest comfort have her study 1Cor13:4-7 this defines Love, if she will take the time to look at the characteristics of Love she will be able to see the error she and he have made. this may not seem like comfort but it will be Why? because she will understand WHY this happened and who errored.

4. fishstix

fishstix Senior Veteran

Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Christian
    More than likely, she'll want to have someone to listen to her and to give her a shoulder to cry on. Be a good listener. Pay attention to what she has to say. Pray before you visit her and trust in the Holy Spirit to put the most appropriate Scriptures in your mind. But chances are that you should be spending more time listening than talking.