Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Haven't been on in a long time, so thought it would be time to ask some more (unrelated) questions:

1. Do you want your country to become a Christian state; where all have to follow Jesus? You don't have to have a yes or no answer, but I'm interested to hear an answer; whatever it may be.

2. Do you ever have any doubt that you may be wrong about Jesus and Christianity? Furthermore, do you think there's any chance that there is no god?

3. (Creationists only) What is your stance on teaching creationism in schools? Should it be only in religion class or also in science class?

Also, if you want to have a discussion with me about any topic to do with religion/atheism/Christianity/creationism etc. I'd love to discuss it with you as respectfully as possible, as I know from previous experiences that the mods can be pretty strict about debating outside of private messages.

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Haven't been on in a long time, so thought it would be time to ask some more (unrelated) questions:

1. Do you want your country to become a Christian state; where all have to follow Jesus? You don't have to have a yes or no answer, but I'm interested to hear an answer; whatever it may be.

Welcome back muli, good to see you again.

I'm happy for my country to stay as it is, coming to the position it's currently in after being an evolving one for 500 or so years. That is, a country officially Christian but where there is religious freedom, none is forced to be Christian.

2. Do you ever have any doubt that you may be wrong about Jesus and Christianity? Furthermore, do you think there's any chance that there is no god?

Sure, who doesn't have doubts every now and again about things. Ian Hislop (a popular TV satirist and editor) said once, "I've tried atheism and I can't stick at it, I keep having doubts. I'm sure most Christians have doubted at some point, even Jesus' closest friends had doubts.

3. (Creationists only) What is your stance on teaching creationism in schools? Should it be only in religion class or also in science class?

N/a

Also, if you want to have a discussion with me about any topic to do with religion/atheism/Christianity/creationism etc. I'd love to discuss it with you as respectfully as possible, as I know from previous experiences that the mods can be pretty strict about debating outside of private messages.

Nothing springs to mind.

Upvote 0

mulimulix

Free Thinker
Apr 20, 2010
Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm just gonna answer one.
I believe we are given freedom of choice by God, so I don't see we should MAKE people be christian.

I agree, but there is a large proportion of Christians who would disagree with you.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. We neither have nor need a national church.

No, and no.

I believe intelligent design should be taught when it's ready. At very least, teach in science classes the limits of evolutionary theory. I wouldn't have a problem with a well-taught Christian philosophy class either.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you please explain why?

I do not doubt my stance on Jesus and Christianity because I believe there is good evidence for the claims of Christianity - centered on Jesus' death and resurrection - being true.

I do not doubt there is a Creator because I live in a creation. Someone had to make all this, it's not some random mess.

Reactions: OnlyBelieve
Upvote 0

mulimulix

Free Thinker
Apr 20, 2010
Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I do not doubt my stance on Jesus and Christianity because I believe there is good evidence for the claims of Christianity - centered on Jesus' death and resurrection - being true.

I do not doubt there is a Creator because I live in a creation. Someone had to make all this, it's not some random mess.

Thanks. I could argue with you, but it's probably not appropriate.

Upvote 0
P

Publius

No. As a Libertarian, I don't want a theocracy. As a Christian, I recognize that you can't make someone convert. Only God can do that.

That having been said, yes, I do pray for revival and, yes, I would like to see our Republic return to Biblical values, both in our government and in our society.

2. Do you ever have any doubt that you may be wrong about Jesus and Christianity?

No. My beliefs about Jesus and Christianity are pretty consistent with the Bible and with orthodoxy.

Furthermore, do you think there's any chance that there is no god?

No. If there were no God, then you and I would not exist to have this conversation.

I don't trust government schools in general to teach much of anything.

I agree, but there is a large proportion of Christians who would disagree with you.

I hear this claim from atheists quite a bit and yet, I've never heard of any Christians who believe this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. Do you want your country to become a Christian state; where all have to follow Jesus?
No. Mandatory worship is not what Christianity is about.

2. Do you ever have any doubt that you may be wrong about Jesus and Christianity?
Doubt no, have I questioned my position, yes. That is why I can answer questions on the subject.

Furthermore, do you think there's any chance that there is no god?
There is a God, He is Alive. In Him We Live, And We survive!

3. (Creationists only) What is your stance on teaching creationism in schools?
It should be taught. Any open minded person should not fear the teaching of alternative accounts to what he or she may personally believe.

Should it be only in religion class or also in science class?
As Both accounts require the Same amount of faith, where one is taught so too should the other be taught.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Welcome back. I spent quite a long time away from these forums myself until the last few months.

No, but I will say that the many ills that plague our society have grown worse over the years since our government began trying to distance itself from Christian values. Look at the US of the 50's and compare it with the current US, and it is hard to argue that despite the many advances in racial harmony (which the gospel NEVER spoke against) and the advancement of technology, overall the society of the 50's was a much safer place to live.

Some, but whenever I doubt I always bring to mind the wonderful experiences I have had with a personal God. Not to mention the radical changes the indwelling of the Holy Spirit has brought to my character.

I'm not sure if would label myself as a Creationist, since I don't think how God created the universe, however long ago that was, is something that can be properly studied by materialistic science. But I don't believe in the entire theory of evolution either. I don't think the teaching of either is necessary in grade and high schools except as an elective class for Senior High students. Quite honestly, there is no compelling reason that young children should be taught either because the understanding of how biology works at the pre college level is truly independant of how species came into being. Evolution is FAR more a philosophy about biology than it is a central biological truth that must be taught to young, impressionable minds. The same holds for Creationism or Intelligent Design, particularly because neither has a strong scientific case. Elective classes that delve into these topics for older students is a much better option, and respects the beliefs of ALL the people in the schools. JMO.

On a side note, we can see in schools the same deterioration of society since open discussion of God was outlawed in class. Just contrast the major problems reported by teachers in the 50's with the major problems that plague our schools today.

I would be happy to discuss any of my answers in more detail if you want to PM me. This particular forum is not for debate, but for giving non-Christians the opportunity to hear what Christians have to say on various topics. Sometimes I wish there was a forum for more intense debate, but alas...

Upvote 0

mulimulix

Free Thinker
Apr 20, 2010
Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
No, but I will say that the many ills that plague our society have grown worse over the years since our government began trying to distance itself from Christian values. Look at the US of the 50's and compare it with the current US, and it is hard to argue that despite the many advances in racial harmony (which the gospel NEVER spoke against) and the advancement of technology, overall the society of the 50's was a much safer place to live.

On a side note, we can see in schools the same deterioration of society since open discussion of God was outlawed in class. Just contrast the major problems reported by teachers in the 50's with the major problems that plague our schools today.

I agree that the society of 50/60 years ago was a lot safer, but I completely disagree that it is for the reason of moving away from Christian values. The reason I believe this is because the vast majority of the prison population is full of Christians. I'm not using this to say Christians are bad people; I'm saying that if you were right, I would have thought there would be an unusual amount of non-Christians in prison.

Upvote 0

mulimulix

Free Thinker
Apr 20, 2010
Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Of course I want my country to become a Christian state, but only the kind where every person chooses to be Christian. I couldn't force it on anyone.

I do have doubts from time to time. I examine those doubts, try to understand why they are there, and grow from them. I think there is good reason to believe in Christianity, but there is no certainty that would resolve my every doubt. I have no doubt, however, that some god exists, even if I might be incorrect on which one.

I'll keep that in mind. I personally prefer private message to forums because I don't judge myself as harshly and I can speak my mind without feeling like I'm being judged. I'm not saying that anyone on CF is judgmental; I'm just overly harsh and insecure towards myself so I read everything but post rarely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brenda Morgan

Jul 30, 2011
✟7,920.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

IMO Christians should pray in their closets and stay out of politics.

Upvote 0

mulimulix

Free Thinker
Apr 20, 2010
Sydney, Australia
✟8,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'll keep that in mind. I personally prefer private message to forums because I don't judge myself as harshly and I can speak my mind without feeling like I'm being judged. I'm not saying that anyone on CF is judgmental; I'm just overly harsh and insecure towards myself so I read everything but post rarely.

I agree. I'm also disappointed that there aren't forums for debate. I get the feeling that plenty of people in this forum would like one; including Christians and non-Christians.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can a class feasibly teach all creation stories?
How long do you think it takes to teach a creation account?

I've taught all of the major accounts in a 30 min class some years ago. Have that many more been added since then?

Upvote 0