Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
eh not really. its about 50/50 here. Its more the church corwd or my extended family that think my purpose in life is get married and have babies. My immediate family and the secular crowd aren't too concerned. They all want to see me happy with someone, but if I have children... thats just a bonus.

Upvote 0

waves16

don't provoke the beavers
Dec 20, 2010
Canada
✟17,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm still a bit too young to be feeling any pressure from my family. My parents are mostly telling me not to even look at men until I'm 30 :p Both of my parents come from Roman Catholic families with 13 kids each, so I imagine in a few years my nan will be wanting to "meet my husband and gratuitous amounts of children".

Upvote 0

Godzila

See, I make all things New!
Apr 2, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
✟16,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love babies...

whether you pop them out or not....it'll be between you and your husband (as a 1 unit now) 's relationship with the Lord.

Babies or not...the Lord's ultimate will shall be fulfilled...cause he already knows the decisions you make. Only thing is...WE DON't :p

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever feel pressured by church culture to just get married and pop out Christian babies already?

Especially all those older women who look at you with pity as if there is something wrong with your spiritual path because you're single?

Blind post

I don't think I've ever really been pressured to have children, I just want to have children. I want to have children more then ever, and I want to have a family more then ever. I know the older I get the more, "pushing" I get from some people, and I sort of expect that. It used to get to me more so then now. Well, it still gets to me cause I feel lonely at times and I want someone in my life, and I want to have a family. Also, they have not made me feel that there is something wrong with my spiritual path because I am single. They just think I will be a lot more happier if I'm not. As for my own family, I know they want me to have family and children as well, and I believe we are all on the same page. So, I don't feel hurt by any of their comments.

Upvote 0

Ceta_cea

I'm a Kings Daugther
Mar 1, 2011
a village near Lucerne
✟7,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To me it sounds more like a cultural thing than a real christian thing. In my church no one pressure me to have children. We got couples who have children and others who don't. If someone has children they are happy with them and if they don't then nobody is looking down on them. Isn't it more important that we do God's will? I mean in case you don't like children but get pregrant then I think it is nessecary to welcome the baby in love because God wanted you to be a mother. If he don't want you to have children, then you don't get them. If he tells you to be foster parents or adope children then do it.

Personally I'm looking forward to be married and having children, but it won't happen soon, since I neither are married nor having a boyfriend.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever feel pressured by church culture to just get married and pop out Christian babies already?

Especially all those older women who look at you with pity as if there is something wrong with your spiritual path because you're single?

You aren't by chance an ex-Mormon too? :D

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

O lawd. I've heard of that happening, though I've never had that experience. Thankfully most people at my church just want me to marry a Christian woman first and foremost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I never got pressured at church, per se. I got pitied a lot. It didn't help that I really do love working with young children so I volunteered in the nursery. People were always saying things like "I can't believe you don't have any kids, you're so great with them." Every once in a while I'd get the "when are you going to have kids of your own" question from some well-meaning but less-than-tactful person.

I used to get a fair amount of pressuring from my grandfather who wanted more great-grandchildren. It was a big deal to him to be the patriarch with bushels of the "fruit of his loins" running around. Bless him. He passed away a bit over a year ago. One of the first things that crossed my mind when I heard he was gone was that I had never given him the great-grand-babies he wanted from me. Until that moment, I hadn't realized how much his opinion of me had mattered to me.

I used to really really want babies. In the past year or two, that desire has faded to the point that I'm not even sure if I want them anymore.

I'm 33 and no prospects for husband are in sight. Time is not on my side. Plus, I'm rather fond of my ability to go out on a Friday or Saturday night without needing a babysitter.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟14,892.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have two children and I feel more pressure from prospective people I date than from church people. I get that most of the people I date don't have kids and they would possibly want some in the future but I feel like I have to chuck the relationship out the window if I don't say "maybe" to another when really I'm at a firm "no".

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The only pressure I get is from myself.

My 10 year plan has been ruined!!!! I was supposed to be married with 2 children right now, with another on the way and 2 more planned for.

I'm sorta kidding but sorta not.
my feelings exactly

Upvote 0
S

Sunset2009

Blind post. Have never had any sort of pressure to have babies, good grief, I'm only 20. I put a lot of pressure on myself, though. When I'd like to see those babies come, anyway. I'm strict with myself that prime childbearing age ends at 24 and I need to pump a baby out before then. :p Have had a TINY bit of pressure from family to marry though. My sisters got married at 19 and 20, and my sister-in-law married my brother at 19. Mom got married at 18. I'm kind of "old" now, to be getting married, lol.

Upvote 0

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I get much more pressure from my mom and families than the church.
I'm no more role model for the young kids in the extended family. (Which I've never intended to be though.) Now, I'm just that strange uncle who is 32, lives in a foreign country and is still wifeless and childless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums