✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Home | Contenders Discipleship Initiative | Village Missions

Free bible courses with study guides and videos, free for anyone. I've been through some of these, and I can vouch that the courses are biblically sound. They are reformed in their doctrine so there is that slant but this could benefit anyone who wants to learn more about the bible and their faith.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Home | Contenders Discipleship Initiative | Village Missions

Free bible courses with study guides and videos, free for anyone. I've been through some of these, and I can vouch that the courses are biblically sound. They are reformed in their doctrine so there is that slant but this could benefit anyone who wants to learn more about the bible and their faith.
Sounds great! If I were 20 years younger I'd jump right in to a teaching role!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, in one of their Excel spreadsheet documents, they seem to deny the Scriptures that talk about how a believer can fall away from the faith. This means they believe in Once Saved Always Saved (of which I am strongly against). For a doctrine that says you are forever saved means you can sin and still be saved (Which is wrong). They also believe in Eternal Torment which is also unbiblical. The wicked will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, in one of their Excel spreadsheet documents, they seem to deny the Scriptures that talk about how a believer can fall away from the faith. This means they believe in Once Saved Always Saved (of which I am strongly against). For a doctrine that says you are forever saved means you can sin and still be saved (Which is wrong). They also believe in Eternal Torment which is also unbiblical. The wicked will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

Hi Jason, as I stated in my original post, they are reformed in their theology so there is that slant. That includes a belief in eternal security, which many Christians share. I am more of the opposite viewpoint on that doctrine. It isn't a reason to dismiss the courses, however. Most every teacher or Pastor I have ever heard I have some disagreement with their theology but I can still learn from them.

To your second point, bringing up annihilationism is off topic in this thread. Watch some of the videos and see what you think.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jason, as I stated in my original post, they are reformed in their theology so there is that slant. That includes a belief in eternal security, which many Christians share. I am more of the opposite viewpoint on that doctrine. It isn't a reason to dismiss the courses, however. Most every teacher or Pastor I have ever heard I have some disagreement with their theology but I can still learn from them.

To your second point, bringing up annihilationism is off topic in this thread. Watch some of the videos and see what you think.

Yes, they appear to be knowledgable on a lot of other biblical facts.
But Conditional Salvation is a doctrine I strongly defend as a part of the gospel. If they don't get that, I would prefer learning from other Conditional Salvationists instead. I don't want the truth taught to me from an OSAS slanted point of view when I study the Scriptures.

As for Annihiationism: Well, actually I believe in "Dualistic Conditional Immortality." This is the belief that hell is a real and literal place that people can go to, but the Lake of Fire (after the judgment) will destroy (i.e. erase from existence) the wicked (both body and soul). There may be a period of time where the wicked could be punished in the Lake of Fire in proportion to their sin so as to execute justice. But it is not clarified in Scripture. I also believe hell is not a torture chamber. I believe the rich man was being tormented by the heat of the flame that was in front of him that was within the great gulf fixed between him and Abraham. Also, I believe it is possible that the wicked who have been in hell for thousands of years could have went thru long periods of unconsciousness only to be awaken for important reasons (like with Christ declaring His salvation when He was in the heart of the Earth for three days and three nights). While we look thru a glass darkly and do not know for sure, it is the most plausible theory or explanation of explaining God's goodness or fair justice.

Anways, both of these topics are moral issues.
For God is good.
That to me is the basics.
I believe a person needs to get that before teaching the Bible.

Upvote 0