✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From the Wall Street Journal:
Filmmaker James Cameron has topped himself. The sci-fi blockbuster “Avatar” has passed the global box office gross of “Titanic,” the previous world-wide record holder at $1.843 billion, according to estimates by sources at 20th Century Fox, the studio behind “Avatar.” Both blockbusters were directed by Cameron.

Official numbers on “Avatar’s” global gross are expected tomorrow. Barring some unusual development, those figures will show that “Avatar’s” global gross has topped that of “Titanic.”
This film's still well away from achieving the record it's going to set. It premiered in London on Dec 10, international on Dec 16, and in North America on Dec 18. It's only been out for a little over a month, and from what I hear it's still packing theaters. A friend talked me into going to see it one last time yesterday. We got to the theater for a Sunday matinee and 30 minutes before the showing they'd sold out. Pretty ridiculous. If they go on to win some major awards (which they probably will), this movie's going to set a pretty hard hurdle to beat for new movies coming out for quite some time.

Edit: Oh blimey, I screwed up the title. Was supposed to be: "Avatar" Passes "Titanic" to Set World-Wide Box Office Record