Middlesboro, Kentucky
✟19,013.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
my daughter Emily said her first word at the ripe old age of 4 months. I credit it to reading writings of Saint Augustine to her ;)

but seriously I was wondering if anyone else read writings of saints to there children and if it had any noticeable affects on them?

R

RoseofLima

More than readings written by Saints at this point- there are serious, super duper palpable influences on my children by reading to them about Saints. WHne they hear stories about the Saints- it makes my children want to be holy- to be like these heroes. Timmy would tell you that his conversion (lol!) came from reading a book about St. Therese and realizing that being holy was something anybody could do- that we all could do just in our day to day lives. My kids also love St. Maria Goretti, St. Dominic Savio, St. Tarcisius, St. John Vianney, St. Bernadette...my son has a special love of the APostle's and St. Paul (who he dressed up as last All Saint's Day :) )

Upvote 0

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Carrye said:
Augustine always was the troublemaker. I bet the Lord's havin' quite a time with him in heaven.
St. Augustine to other Saints: Mmm...those oranges we found laying on the ground tasted soooo much better than those pears I stole back on earth.
God: Hey there Augustine...See...um...I seem to be missing a few oranges that I left laying on the ground in my orchard. Know anything about it?
St. Augustine: :doh:

:p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.