Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Sharingan said:
gluadys said:
Well you won't get any athiest perspectives in this forum as they are not allowed to post here.
quote]

o they wont?:confused:

do u mean this entire form or this particular thread or post area? if so ..where do i post it?? :holy:

This forum is in the Christian Only section of the board. Only Christians are permitted to post here.

To get non-Christian perspectives post in one of the forums in the Open to All Members section.

If you are looking particularly at biological origins, try Creation & Evolution in the Discussion and Debate section. Or you might try General Apologetics.

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
More prove on the spinning bang (I guess it mentioned in this thread)
...matter in the nebula toward its center. as the nebula shrank. it spun faster and faster. gradually, the spinning nebula flattened into a huge disk almost 10 billion kilometers across...

Prentice Hall General Science 1992 p 69

proof that they teach "nothing" banged in the big bang

"... the obserable universe could have evolved from an ininitesimal region. It's then tempting to go one step further and speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing"
Alan Guth & Steinhardt Scientific American May 1984 p. 128

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
First quote is NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BIG BANG!!!!!!!

It is talking about the nebular hypothesis for the production of the solar system (if I'm not mistaken. what's the context??).

Second quote: note that scientists speculate that the entire universe evolved from literally nothing. If they had a stronger word to use they would've used it.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
ThaiDuykhang said:
proof that they teach "nothing" banged in the big bang

Alan Guth & Steinhardt Scientific American May 1984 p. 128

Isn't it a good thing if scientists conclude the universe came from nothing? After all, that is what Christian theology has always said too.

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
gluadys said:
Isn't it a good thing if scientists conclude the universe came from nothing? After all, that is what Christian theology has always said too.

They're different. "Scientists" try to prove the universe can create itself without God. that is, they assume "nothing" also means no God.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
ThaiDuykhang said:
"Scientists" try to prove the universe can create itself without God. that is, they assume "nothing" also means no God.

That's not true. Scientists don't try to prove anything one way or another about God. If you were right, no Christian or theist of any faith could be a scientist. But there are many Christians who are scientists.

Upvote 0

ThaiDuykhang

Jan 9, 2006
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
gluadys said:
That's not true. Scientists don't try to prove anything one way or another about God. If you were right, no Christian or theist of any faith could be a scientist. But there are many Christians who are scientists.

Then answer me scientifically how matters/energy/quantum fluctuations came into being.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
ThaiDuykhang said:
Then answer me scientifically how matters/energy/quantum fluctuations came into being.

I would say they were created out of nothing. But that is not a scientific answer. I don't think a scientific answer exists at this time, though there are some speculations along the line of string theory M-theory, etc.

Did you know the original suggestion of the big bang came from a Catholic priest and that atheist scientists resisted it because it sounded too religious--too much like creation?

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course it's "speculate" as they can't prove it just like evolution.

Yes, scientists speculate on how matter came into existence. But what that matter did once it had come into existence is a matter that requires far less speculation given the scientific advancement of today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Forest

Senior Veteran
Jan 3, 2005
In the Forest
✟19,245.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ThaiDuykhang said:
what does dense mean? does it mean matter existed there? if so where did these matter come from? what is heat?("hot") where does it come from?how did energy came into being? You can't created something out of nothing, only God can do it.If you answer "no" to the 2nd question. then why nothing should bang and how nothing banged?

The big bang theory does not claim to be able to answer those questions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.