Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At the Feet of Jesus (poem)

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by karen_trustlord, Nov 15, 2004.

1. karen_trustlord

karen_trustlord Senior Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    At the Feet of Jesus
    Karen Holland​
    .​
    Come, fall before the throne of grace,
    At the feet of Jesus, seek His face.
    His love so wide and long, so high, so deep,
    His power and mercy so complete,
    found before the throne, at Jesus' feet.
    To the feet of Jesus bring all your fears,
    At the feet of Jesus - He'll dry all your tears.
    Come to the throne, come worship the One you adore,
    At His feet, sing with joy forevermore.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Ephesians 3:17-18 ... so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..

Luke 7:37-38, 47 When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them {a beautiful act of worship}.
    ... Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.

Revelation 4:9-10 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever.

Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Thank You Lord for Your great mercy, grace and love. Help each of us come with confidence before Your throne. Thank You that as we come before You we'll experience the joy of Jesus Christ. Let each of our hearts sing for joy today & always! In the name of Jesus Christ.

Serenity Now! likes this.
  2. Orchids

Orchids never grow up

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox

Very nice poem! You have a great talent. May God bless! :priest:

3. Serenity Now!

Serenity Now! the poster formerly known as Rev2:10

Faith:
    Christian
    Thank you for this poem. I really needed to read it today. Can't wait until the day I can really sit at his feet.

4. karen_trustlord

karen_trustlord Senior Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    After I posted the devo At the Feet of Jesus on friday. The Lord impressed on my heart that one way to share Jesus is to share a praise song with someone. So friday morning I did just that - it was wonderful. Singing praise songs puts me right at the feet of Jesus, if you share this with someone - you're both at the feet of Jesus together!

After sharing the praise songs, I posted this poem.

God is good!

I'm definitely looking for more opportunities to share praise songs.

Karen :hug:

5. The Story Teller

The Story Teller The Story Teller

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Thanks Karen, I enjoyed that..:)

6. senior0586

senior0586 New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    This poem is so touching in a way that it makes me cry. Just to see Jesus's face and to bow at his face, is just amazing on thinking about it.

7. The Story Teller

The Story Teller The Story Teller

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Welcome to the Message Board..:) :thumbsup: :wave: