Assume two things with me... Evolution is not a lie, AND the Bible is not a lie...

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have no problem with some genetic mutations within a species, but not to the extent that a whole different creature is formed by it.
So micro but not macro.

I personally don't see the difference. Speciation is just what genetic mutations can lead to over a longer period of time. It's all the same process.
I also don't believe 'mutation' can account for the incredible variety and complexity of interdependent organisms.
Over billions of years? Think what would happen if a game of Chinese whispers went on for billions of years.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So micro but not macro.

I personally don't see the difference. Speciation is just what genetic mutations can lead to over a longer period of time. It's all the same process.

Over billions of years? Think what would happen if a game of Chinese whispers went on for billions of years.

This assumes that life began when the earth was first formed.
Too much evidence of periodic cataclysm for billions years of uninterrupted evolution to occur.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This assumes that life began when the earth was first formed.
No, it began about 900 million years after that.
Too much evidence of periodic cataclysm for billions years of uninterrupted evolution to occur.
What do you mean by "uninterrupted?" If life exists, evolution happens.

Upvote 0